Model Cars Magazine Forum

post your tuner builds here

allecb

Here's a GEO Storm tuner I built a few years back, to prove that an "Old Guy" could. :)

100_2289-vi.jpg

This one, I guess isn't strictly a tuner. It's a box-stock Subaru WRX with custom decals.

SUBARU-vi.jpg

This one is a sort of 'Euro-Tuner'. It's a Jaguar XJ-S with scratchbuilt bodywork and a wing from Aoshima (I think).

100_2066-vi.jpg

Here's a GEO Storm tuner I built a few years back, to prove that an "Old Guy" could. :)

100_2289-vi.jpg

This one, I guess isn't strictly a tuner. It's a box-stock Subaru WRX with custom decals.

SUBARU-vi.jpg

This one is a sort of 'Euro-Tuner'. It's a Jaguar XJ-S with scratchbuilt bodywork and a wing from Aoshima (I think).

100_2066-vi.jpg

100_2289-vi.jpg

SUBARU-vi.jpg

100_2066-vi.jpg

nice dean

Man Tonio, you are the king of imports. Some rare kits in there. You just don't see MR2's anymore (I have the turbo and Supercharger waiting to be built in my stash.)

Lol, thank you. I still have a widebody MR2 to build when I get the right set of wheels for it.

Jason, appears we have similar tastes in 1:1's. Any pics of rear car?

I'm kind of surprised this thread has gotten the response it has. See mostly hot rods being built; not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by o-man

These are a couple of older builds, at this time the only Tuner cars I have completed.

100_0738-1.jpg100_0710.jpg

Believe it or not, both of these cars are actually painted with the same color, a 60/40 mix of Kiln Red and Alumacoupe Yellow, only difference is the base and what color Pearl-X was added to the mix. The AE86 is based with Allis-Chalmers Orange and has Copper pearl, the GT-R has a buff primer base and Gold pearl.