Model Cars Magazine Forum

58 Impala Mild 60's Custom

geetee66

Here’s my latest build, the AMT 58 Impala.

I decided to build this as a mild 60’s custom, with all the chrome, badges and scripts and dropped the suspension as low as it would go without cutting into the chassis/floorpan.

I saw a few images online of 60’s cars with Bellflowers, so I made some with alu tube and plumbers solder.

The wheels and tyres and rings are from the Galaxie 48 Chevy, I made the bullets from silver 3mm wire.

I made some braided water hoses from woven chrome craft ribbon , some fuel lines to the carbs and added wires to ignition, alternator and battery. I added a little PE alternator bracket, too.

The interior is flocked and BMF’d with PE details. New gear and turn signal levers were added and the 59 Caddy taillights are from Modelhaus.

Paint is from rattle cans. The blues are Tamiya with dark blue glitter on the lower/rear side panels.The roof was sprayed Audi silver then given a dusting with glitter spray. Paint was cleared, wet-sanded and polished.

I plan to do less chrome and easy paint on my next build!!

A366_zps5c408970.jpg

A337_zps29489bb5.jpg

A369_zps02f579d0.jpg

A355_zps069419d7.jpg

Thanks for looking

That is nice!

I love the wheels on this one B)

Which kit are the taillights from?

I want to build the American Graffiti Impala in the future, and I think that one had similar taillights to yours...

Edited by PowerPlant

That is nice!

I love the wheels on this one B)

Which kit are the taillights from?

I want to build the American Graffiti Impala in the future, and I think that one had similar taillights to yours...

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

The wheels are from the excellent Galaxie 48 Chevy Fleetline. They even have valve stems.

Tail lights are from Modelhaus. I thought I was buying individual lenses, so I accidentally ended up with 24 of them. I'm such a muppet...

Oh well, they will always come in useful.

This is gorgeous! The '58 Impala is by far my favorite car ever. I usually hate customs, but yours is very tasteful. Great color combo, finish, and BMF work! Any chance we could see some more pictures of the interior and chassis?

Killer! I love it from every angle (but the back...I'm just really over caddy taillights :P).

This is gorgeous! The '58 Impala is by far my favorite car ever. I usually hate customs, but yours is very tasteful. Great color combo, finish, and BMF work! Any chance we could see some more pictures of the interior and chassis?

i agree with both of them.

More pictures pleeeease :wub: