Model Cars Magazine Forum

New joiner from Long Island, New York

Hey everyone. I'm Michael. I'm new to this forum, but not to model building. I've been building since I was, about... 4 years old, I believe. I'm 17 so it's been a few years.

I mostly build 1/48 aircraft (mostly this) and 1/24-1/25 cars. I do have one 1/12 Lamborghini Countach, though, that I recently acquired...

I am a Boy Scout, almost an Eagle Scout, and I play hockey year round and baseball in the summer.

Edited by MikeyBugs95

Hi and welcome Mikey. I've been building since I was 8 and I'm----a lot freakin older than that. :( And from way east of you too.

Build that Countach and let the 'toy' cars lay-I'm a 1/12 builder (primarily) a research nut. Get good research on what you want to build and it will help you enormously.

Great on the Scouts and sports too-you can $25 Mil per if you can throw the high hard one! ;)

Lol. Yeah. And frankly, I actually thought the Countach was around 1/25 when I first saw a picture of it. I had bought these off craiglist and the pictures weren't too detailed or very good overall. The Countach was basically stuffed behind some other kits (it was a lump buy of like 10 kits overall; 1 being built, 1 thrown away, 5 awaiting to be built, and 4 (3 model kits, 1 model rocket) are on the chopping block), including a huge 1/48 C-130 Herc... Recently I've been doing a lot of research for my Hudson Hornet and a ALF 1000 Century that I'm making (the one being built out that lump buy). Currently I have about 6 or more kits in the works.

And frankly, if I was to join a major league, I'd rather be shooting a hard one. I'm just in baseball so I can stay fit and in shape over the summer. Are you from Long Island?

Thanks for the welcomes everybody.

From one "Lawn Guylander" to another, welcome Mike.I live in Florida now but my home town is Long Beach.

An' maybe, one day, us lawn guylander guys can go out and get a cup'a coughfee. Lol. Thanks for the welcome again.

Edited by MikeyBugs95

Thanks, Harry. I have my Eagle Board on the 21st of this month so... I'm psyched and nervous at the same time.

Bring a former Boy Scout, Cub Scout Chairman, and Boy Scout leader. I know the importance of achieving the Eagle Scout Award, and I highly recommend that you complete it as it will help you down the road. You CAN do it and good luck.