Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT kit, the issue molded in dark purple. No I didn't use the non-toxic blue tube glue it came with! Lots and lots of fitment issues on final assembly. Finally said "screw it and glue it".

Paint is Tamiya racing white over silver leaf, with Testors Wet Look to finish it off. Front nose decal from Revell's '31 Model A kit. Box stock except the steering wheel which is from the parts bin, scratchbuilt door handles and window cranks, shaved emblems/holders off, and I added two tabs to help with the poor windsheild fitment. Anyway, enjoy. Comments, criticisms and compliments all welcome.

chevpick1_zpsc0d47a7d.jpg

chevpick3_zpsc89fcbf4.jpg

chevpick4_zpse2cf3e93.jpg

chevpick2_zps2bfff0ff.jpg

chevpick6_zps4bc10f5d.jpg

chevpick5_zpsb6b4fe48.jpg

chevpick7_zps66450ee9.jpg

Anyway, enjoy. Comments, criticisms and compliments all welcome.

chevpick1_zpsc0d47a7d.jpg

Hey you asked for criticisms so I want to make a suggestion. On your next build, work on your body prep a bit more. Note in the above photo there are some prominent mold lines on the nose. See the ridges below the headlights and next to them adjacent to the hood. Those needed to be sanded off.

Other than that, you did a first rate job on one of my favorite kits. I especially like your door handles.

Hey you asked for criticisms so I want to make a suggestion. On your next build, work on your body prep a bit more. Note in the above photo there are some prominent mold lines on the nose. See the ridges below the headlights and next to them adjacent to the hood. Those needed to be sanded off.

Other than that, you did a first rate job on one of my favorite kits. I especially like your door handles.

Thanks. I did notice those too after I had laid a coat or two of paint, and didn't want to go back and fix it. I appreciate the constructive criticism however.