Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Lincoln Futura

Dominik

Hi Buddies,

today i want to present you my Lincoln Futura - a fabulous Conceptcar in the fifties. I choosed a color like the boxart shows, built it simply "out of box" ;)

I started last year in November to build it. All kind of bodyparts (even the chromeparts too) were sanded to fit "perfect" to another. The chromeparts are painted with alclad.

It was a lot of work, for a couple of weeks it went back in the shelf, before i was happy with the sanding-marathon and put the filler on it...

So, enjoy the pictures :D

CIMG130501_011.jpg

CIMG130504_004.jpg

CIMG130504_012.jpg

CIMG130504_015.jpg

CIMG130504_014.jpg

CIMG130504_009.jpg

CIMG130504_016.jpg

CIMG130504_010.jpg

CIMG130504_011.jpg

Thats it. I had a lot of fun to built this old kit.

Thanks for your attention, all kind of comments welcome ;)

Well...the box art is incorrect for the car. They should have done it in white as the real thing was Frost blue pearlescent white. That being said, it's a VERY nice and clean build of a difficult model. The '55 Futura concept is one of my all time favorite cars and you've done it justice, just by getting the multi-piece body straight. Mucho kudos on a fine build.

I would love to see one of our rusty-crusty members like Dr. Cranky do a version of this as it sat on the Barris back lot before it was used for Batman, still wearing faded red from "It Started With a Kiss."

http://theinvisibleagent.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/the-lincoln-futura-concept-car-1955/

post-4455-0-80055800-1368826339_thumb.jp

Edited by sjordan2

I would love to see one of our rusty-crusty members like Dr. Cranky do a version of this as it sat on the Barris back lot before it was used for Batman, still wearing faded red from "It Started With a Kiss."

http://theinvisibleagent.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/the-lincoln-futura-concept-car-1955/

attachicon.giflincoln-futurarustyfuturafront.jpg

I've considered it Skip, but it's just such a regal looking car I can't bring myself to do that to it. :unsure:

I've considered it Skip, but it's just such a regal looking car I can't bring myself to do that to it. :unsure:

Well, there may have been only one Futura, but there are plenty of Futura kits!! White show car, red movie car, Batmobile, rustmobile.

And yes, though this is a wonderful build, color should be a pearl white with a slight blue tinge to it.

Edited by sjordan2

Thank you very much for comments, i appreciate it!

I know about the history of the Futura, also about the color and some little details missing at the model (numberplate, exhaust). My point was, that i won't like kind of white on it, because the (in my view) beautiful design will not working properly. Second point was to find a metallic / pearl color, that would have fine metallicparts, wich are in scale for the model.

Kevin, i really thought about the scrapped red Futura to build. But my girlfriend loves this car (her choice out of the shelf to build as next) and she has forbidden me to do it, so we have chosen this color. If a catch another kit of it, i will do it.

Thank you very much for comments, i appreciate it!

I know about the history of the Futura, also about the color and some little details missing at the model (numberplate, exhaust). My point was, that i won't like kind of white on it, because the (in my view) beautiful design will not working properly. Second point was to find a metallic / pearl color, that would have fine metallicparts, wich are in scale for the model.

Kevin, i really thought about the scrapped red Futura to build. But my girlfriend loves this car (her choice out of the shelf to build as next) and she has forbidden me to do it, so we have chosen this color. If a catch another kit of it, i will do it.

That's all your choice my friend. I only took a moment to point out the color for those who may not have known. Because of the display carousel the car traveled with and the way it's seafoam green color reflected off the car, most folks just assume it was a green car. By the way, yes the license plate is missing, but the exhaust is right there in the bumper. Not a lot of folks know but those blacked out ports in the rear bumper are the exhaust. (WHAT were they thinkin right?) Most excellent job on the Alclad too by the way.

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Nice build! I recently read an article about this car. Said there were only 2 made. One turned into the bat mobile and the other...?

More misinformation. (sigh) There was ONE Futura built. No more. A few years ago a man by the name of Bob Butts bought a mold from George Barris of the Batmobile. He used a fiberglass body from that to make a replica Futura.

Anyone who has any questions about the true history of the car feel free to p.m. me. My friend Jacen researched this car for over thirty years and by extension so did I.