Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 944S with LSx

JasonC

Got this done, i wanted to do something different. It's not perfect, but i'm fairly happy. The rear diffuser should be body color, i found that out after i finished it..

Here's a rundown of what all is done;

color is a GM duplicolor (don't know name) It did crack in a few places.

engine out of a late model GTO

rear suspension is Subaru WRX

wheels from INITIAL D FD3S Mazda RX7

exhaust is solder and muffers from 69 Plymouth GTX

Pictures are a little dark since the sun wasn't out

modelcars_004_587677.jpg

modelcars_009_851715.jpg

modelcars_007_319488.jpg

modelcars_005_422607.jpg

modelcars_011_874389.jpg

modelcars_015_808380.jpg

modelcars_013_491821.jpg

Sharp build of a seldom modelled car. I like the choice of color. I built the Italeri model of the 944 Cabrio earlier this year so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to build a model of this sports car.

also like the color, but owning a 1:1 1983 944, the motor and suspension is blasphemous..... :rolleyes: I've worked on and off combining the US bumpers from a Monogram 924 to the Testors Italeri kit to replicate my ride. Finding cookie cutter wheels was the big draw back and hold up. I finally did locate a Revell 911 kit that had them. Now, I have to finish mine. White over black.

That color looks really good on a 944. With all that weight shift, including the loss of the transaxle, the excellent handling of this car must be like an eel now! :o

Probably. The handling of the car in normal for is more like a train on rails...

Hope you didn't take me wrong ... like what you did ... "what if's" are fun builds! :)

Nah, you're fine. I just never really explained why i did that i did lol. I wanted something different, but had limited parts to work with.

As a owner of an old 911 i'm a fan of this (unpopular) Porsche. Whished i have one in good condition...now, yours looking very cool. Nice idea to change the engine and other parts ;)

Edited by Dominik