Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford 5-Window

RocknRolla

MATT GO WITH THE 5- WINDOW ,SO FAR IT LOOKS COOL!HAY BUILD THEM BOTH AS A PAIR ?THAT GRILL IS SWEET,SITS JUST A BIT TO HIGH?LIVE LONG AND BUILD HAPPY!

Yeah ive got to mod the grille and drop it right down in front of that x member! Thanks Blair

post-10991-0-59615900-1368899227_thumb.j

Looks better !

Edited by RocknRolla

Nice work so far...lots of potential.

If you can hold the relationship you've got between the top of the rear tire and the rear body, it'll be a killer look. It'll just take a radical Z in the rear frame rails.

I like your choice of nose too, and you're absolutely right about dropping it. This style of build usually looks better if the top of the nose is on a line parallel with the top of the front frame rails, drawn from the top of the cowl of the car, and that sometimes requires the nose shell to be sectioned a little.

You might think about notching the rear of the nose shell too, to allow it to fit back over the front crossmember. When the nose shells get too far forward, the proportions tend to suffer.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Nice work so far...lots of potential.

If you can hold the relationship you've got between the top of the rear tire and the rear body, it'll be a killer look. It'll just take a radical Z in the rear frame rails.

I like your choice of nose too, and you're absolutely right about dropping it. This style of build usually looks better if the top of the nose is on a line parallel with the top of the front frame rails, drawn from the top of the cowl of the car, and that sometimes requires the nose shell to be sectioned a little.

You might think about notching the rear of the nose shell too, to allow it to fit back over the front crossmember. When the nose shells get too far forward, the proportions tend to suffer.

Thanks Bill,yeah im gonna bring the nose back over the crossmember! Thanks for the advice and commenting

Very Nice,

I love the Farmall grill although it looks like a larger scale.

I think it may be a 1/24 scale grille but theres not a lot in it considering its meant to be on a tractor! Thanks buddy

MATT ,that is looking great ,you have nailed the stance ,grill looks 100% better,i,m realy digging this build dude,

Thanks Blair,finished up the suspension today !

I think it may be a 1/24 scale grille but theres not a lot in it considering its meant to be on a tractor! Thanks buddy

I was thinking larger than that, but hard to tell in photos. Who make the grill? Not too long ago someone here, maybe Chuck, ask me if I had any.

The stance looks right on.

A bit more done,mocked the engine up as im using the flathead out of the 32 Sedan kit and ive made the header pipes,they are not in their final position yet as they need a little tweak here and there!

post-10991-0-06356000-1369767439_thumb.j

post-10991-0-26166300-1369767446_thumb.j

Thank's for the comments guys

The stance and "look" of the car look really good. Only suggestion I can make would be to slot the sides of the tractor shell and slide it back a bit over the front cross member. A little too much over hang past the front wheels and the engine compartment looks a little long. Do that and it'll have perfect proportions.