Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 FERRARI F40 by Protar FULL DETAIL BUILD! (UPDATE 1-22-14)

Kennyboy

You are doing a great job on this, Ken. About 10+ years ago I searched and searched and found the "clear body" version from Protar. It cost stupid money for what the model turned out to be as the "clear" body was not very clear and had too many distortions. Kinda hard to fix that, so I sold it all. I'd still like to build two of the F40 race versions, and held onto a few of the Revell "slightly detailed" versions. Dunno if I'll ever get to them, but that engine is very nice. I used one of the V8's in my '37 Cord custom. Odd, but a good choice to hook up to the Cord's front wheel drive. Please keep giving us pics.

I tried to post a pic, but nothing happens. You can click on the Fotki link below, my albums, my models built, page 8, #189 or 014.JPG.

Thank you for the compliments Ken. You are a very talented model builder!! VERY original builds and so crisp and clean.

I am currently working on the headers which are going to be solder into the collectors......the turbos are done and were scratchbuilt out of sprue and spare parts, the pressure and return lines will be braided stainless steel with Aeroquip fittings. The top 2 "things" in the picture below are what they gave for the exhaust headers in the kit! :blink: :lol:

P1020588_zps5954c03f.jpg

P1020590_zps85c853de.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy

• 1 month later...

I think he is talking about Best Balsa Kits. Great parts HIGH prices. But he has what others don't

I found BBK's website but he has nothing for this kit. If he goes by the same name on Ebay I can't find him. To top it off I just found that I have missing parts from my kit which I was initially told was complete.