Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tuffy's Garage

Toledo Barn Find

Found this little time capsule in a bag with a few other 32's. I like it so much I am gonna rewire the motor and see if I can make some hairpins for the front. Don't know much about the age of the kit but it is molded in black. early 60's AMT I think.

charliesstuff739-vi.jpg

charliesstuff740-vi.jpg

charliesstuff741-vi.jpg

charliesstuff742-vi.jpg

This cool little gem was in the bag also

charliesstuff743-vi.jpg

charliesstuff744-vi.jpg

Great idea to just get-it-running and back on the street. Just like 1:1

You could start a new trend at model shows, freshen up old builds. Some of these old models are quirky, but they do bring back great memories!

That has a real classic style. I can't wait to see it after you fix it up! AMT's original Deuce roadster from the Trophy Series was molded in black and came with a hemi so I'll bet you've correctly identified it.

Nice find, Was it in some of your old stuff, or maybe a garage sale? where did you find that bag'O'Rats.

Great material for some fun building. ;)

Great idea to just get-it-running and back on the street. Just like 1:1

You could start a new trend at model shows, freshen up old builds. Some of these old models are quirky, but they do bring back great memories!

I think you hit it, James. My brother and I take pains to 'accurize' kit offerings, yet we both admire the efforts made by the early kit mfrs. (otherwise, we would still be building with balsa, right?)

We both have built some of these old Monogram kits, pre-'60; the '32 Sport Coupe and the two different '32 Roadster models...All these projects got Super-detailed, without changing the old lines.

Only a few members recognized what they were.

Is there a "one-page seminar" on posting pictures?