Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aussie Falcon

I have the opertunity to buy a Mad Max, Road Warrior Falcon. My only interest is in converting it to a stock Falcon. So my question is to anybody that has seen the kit and a real Australian Falcon, how accurate is the kit, is it worth the effort? Thank you.

Hey Doug, it will take some work to convert this. There are some diecast 1/24 XB Falcon Coupes that are very close to standard, it might be best to try to clean up one of those first.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-24-FORD-FALCON-XB-GS-COUPE-BLACK-STUNNING-/380645923586?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item58a043db02&_uhb=1

Have a look as see if that might work.

That diecast XB on ebay isn't very accurate though - a little bit too Dub-City in its proportions. Particularly the grill is quite toy like.

The proportions of the Aoshima kit are quite good but I've heard the scale is more like 1:23. As Dyno Davo said - it will take some work to make stock - the main things being removing the wheel arch flares, removing the roof spoiler, and removing the concord nose and creating a stock grill.

IMHO the XB Falcons are the best looking muscle car to come out of FoMoCo ever. It's like Ms. Torino and Mr. Mustang met at a seedy little motel and nine months later - this.

I'd love to have a real kit of one, and it saddens me I'm on the wrong continent to ever see one in the flesh. If you'r going to start a petition let me know.

Edited by Jantrix

Hey Rob there used to be a gentleman down your way with a few falcons and a landau also . well somewhere in Fla at least . And i really like the analogy for the design i have to agree that it is the best looking Ford ever . And i bleed chevy engine orange.

And tring to import one now is really expensive. At first ther was a lot of them available reasonable . now 20k gets a rebuildable car then finding sheetmetal . they rusted as fast as ours do up here in the east.

One day i will find a 1:1

MIchael

IMHO the XB Falcons are the best looking muscle car to come out of FoMoCo ever. It's like Ms. Torino and Mr. Mustang met at a seedy little motel and nine months later - this.

I've had the same thought. Those Aussie Falcons are cool looking, though.

Sorry guys, forgot to mention yesterday that the PartsBox site sell Aussie car kits, currently they do the XB GT 4 door which might go some way to providing an easy path for conversion using a Torino shell.

Address is: http://www.thepartsbox.com/

They are great people to deal with so feel safe placing an order.

In some sad news Ford Australia today announced they are closing local production in Australia in 2016 so no more home grown cars :( I can see the price of some of the desirable models going through the roof now.

In some sad news Ford Australia today announced they are closing local production in Australia in 2016 so no more home grown cars :( I can see the price of some of the desirable models going through the roof now.

That is tragic. Did they leave any hints as to where the cars Ford will be selling in Australia will be made or are they abandoning you folks altogether?

Gents,

Sounds like the beginning of a writing campaign to some model companies. I wrote Revell a few years ago, their response was zero interest. Heck if Revell did a bone stock coupe, the reissue could be a Mofat Bathurst car, or The Beast. Thanks.

Doug