Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Boston, MA

Hello guys I've always been interested in model building but i never really had the time to start, i recently had a job related injury and I've been spending quite a lot of time at home so i decided to start model building. Im currently building the ship and i bought the car last week. Ive been having trouble finding paint and modeling tools around here, if anyone knows a good store around here or a good website please let me know I'm very new at this. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you

post-12023-0-26310700-1369272414_thumb.j

Hi, Andres, and welcome, fellow Bay-Stater!

There are plenty of good hobby shops in eastern Massachusetts. I patronize the Spare Time Shop in Marlborough. May I also suggest The Hobby Bunker in Malden, which is within walking distance of the Malden Center Orange Line stop?

Other good stores near Boston:

South Shore Hobby, Weymouth.

Harry's Hobby,, Norton

If you're down the Cape, Centerline Hobbies in Hyannis is also very good.

Also, as a member of MassCar, I'd like to invite you to our meetings on the third Wednesday located at 45 West St., Medfield. Take either Rt. 109 or Rt. 9 (depending on where you're coming from) to Rt. 27. If heading south, turn left, if north, right, onto West St. in Medfield, we're on the left in a big metal building, in the landscaping company's office. We start about 7:00.

Charlie Larkin

Welcome aboard, Andres. Great place to be ... generally very helpful people here.

Speaking of helpful people, and a couple in your neck of the woods, I see you've already been connected to Charlie, so you should try to hook up with Anny Smith, too. She's from Mass also.

Sit back and join in!

welcome Andres, " NORTH EAST TRAINS " .in Peabody sq. has everything you'll need ,paints,glues putty ,styrene ,baremetal foil ..ect..ect.. jim

I never knew they were a full-service hobby shop.

Good to know, Jim. Thanks for the tip.

Charlie Larkin