Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just use ebay to beef up my stash without spending a ton of money. I recently bought 6 kits off ebay (nothing rare) and spent only about $80 including shipping. I typically try and bid less than $7 on kits from there. Now if I was looking for a specific kit (for instance my 1st-gen RX7 kit that I will be looking for at some point) then I'll pay to play.

It's all supply and demand. And it's seasonal too. Less people buying in the warm weather, so you can score a deal. A lot of us are getting older and deciding to thin out our collections. So they wind up on the 'bay.

With the volume of kits listed there, you don't want to sell your $5 and $10 kits. There's like 50 of that kit listed so it's only going to sell for opening bid if at all. But the truly rare stuff will still bring good money. I just went through 20 pages and didn't see many really good kits, so when they appear, they get bid up.

Edited by Tom Geiger

The old amt and mpc camaros from. The 70's still command a high dollar, the nice ones rarely go for under 100.00. The amt and mpc 68 and 67 camaros go fo high dollar as well. I would like to see round 2 reissue these.

I don't remember AMT doing the 4dr T-Bird. Just the 2dr.

And AMT NEVER Did ANT 'Squire!!

Only one EVER done in kit form was Revell's 57!!

Hubley Did offer60-62 Ford Country Sedan Wagons, and Decals

were included in at least the 60 to Replicate the Squire.

PMC offered the 59 Country Sedan.

Some one did offer a 58 as a promo, Not sure if AMT or PMC,

but you will Not find a very straight one.

I think Ford wagon Promo's were also offered from about 55 to 57, but again,

Warped only will be found now outside of resin copies.

I don't remember AMT doing the 4dr T-Bird. Just the 2dr.

I have one of the 4 door T-birds. Al from NJ posted pictures of a finished one recently too.

eBay doesn't have everything all the time. For instance I've have search agents for a '72 Chevy Impala and an early Chevette. Neither are currently available, well there is one Chevette for $90 but that's not gonna happen. So when a '72 appears, there will be some spirited bidding on it.

My bad i remember seeing this box art a while ago but forgot it was a fake, still looks very real though. haha http://www.mcqueenonline.com/1968fordltdcountrysquirewagon.htm fordltdwagonbox1.jpg

Another List of rares that i remember: jo-han 69 ambassador, amt 77 matador, amt 67 galaxie, mpc 70/72 grand prix, mpc 66 monaco, amt 66 skylark, amt 64 continental.

Edited by Nxr

I have one of the 4 door T-birds. Al from NJ posted pictures of a finished one recently too.

eBay doesn't have everything all the time. For instance I've have search agents for a '72 Chevy Impala and an early Chevette. Neither are currently available, well there is one Chevette for $90 but that's not gonna happen. So when a '72 appears, there will be some spirited bidding on it.

Theres a promo on there for around 30