Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from scotland

Well where to start, I'm fae Glasgow scotland my names Connor McLaughlin half scottish and half irish I'm 17 and i first became interested in painting from my gran and model building from my grandad he used to make models from scratch by himself out of wood he only built ships because he worked on building the real thing and when i was around nine my dad would show me his small model aeroplanes that he built so this is why i like to build and i always felt i was born in the wrong country because i listen to american bands and like american cars personal fav is the shelby mustang 67 and so i decided to get one and build and thats were it began so now i aspire to be an artist drawing cars and choppers and in my spare time build models well anyways hello hope to see some great art and of course models

Welcome aboard! Sounds like I was influenced into modeling in a similar way ... my Grandfather was a ship rigger in Boston and he hand crafted models wood ships. I would just sit and stare at his wonderful models.