Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pedros 1965 Chevy Stepside (Almost Finished)

Started on this truck over the past few weeks. I have just piddled with it but finally decided to get something done tonight. I started making my own frame for the back and it still likes a lot of work. My only issue is the tires are hitting the top of the inside of the fenders on the bed. I really dont want to do it but I might shave the top of the wheel off since you wont see it. I thought about raising my fenders but there isnt much room to do so. Not enough anyways to get the bed low enough. I am debating between a weathered and rusted tan/white combo or a turquoise shade.

061-2_zpsdb28cc40.jpg

062-3_zps4057a73c.jpg

063-2_zps424dd57d.jpg

064-2_zps4ab5ae4b.jpg

Edited by 502

Haha your truck is the reason I'm building this one. I don't know if I could pull off a paint job as nice as yours so that's why I'm going with the weathered look. I didn't know these wheels existed til I seen you use them. They are similar to the real wheels called mobsteels or the centerline smoothies and I really like those.

Wasn't too much work, I reworked the a arms in the front. If I could do it again I would probably keep the original frame and just rig something up to get my height in the back. Making my own frame was frustrating.

well mine was already partially build (gluid) when i got the kit of a friend so i kept the wheel wells where the hood rests on..

its real easy i think to open them up and let the wheels stick true higher like you have in the forst pics the hood will fall over them ...

and weathered will lok really cool i think !!

Im at the stage where everything needs to be painted so I a going to try to start getting stuff in paint in the next day or so. I did shave the top of the back tires so the bed sits a little lower.

312200_547431898629476_1047678340_n_zpsb

Edited by 502

After about 2 weeks the paint was finally ready for me to start sanding on it. Im debating on doing some scallops like the ford below. Let me know what you guys think. Of course if I did the scallops mine would be different to fit the truck since the body is completely different.

008-16_zpsce3e47b1.jpg

007-17_zpsfbf885f1.jpg

Thanks, plowboy I'd like to see your truck. I might just do the weathered scallops. I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I won't get anything done. I will be back on it next week.

Edited by 502

I decided to letter the doors instead of the scallops. The door reads "Pedro's Lawn & Garden". It is hard to read so I am going to go back over and make them a little more visible. I also figured if I am making this truck into a simulated old work truck that the business ought to have a slogan or saying. So that is none other than "Mowin Grass and Draggin Ass." I decide to paint it on the back of the cab since there really isnt another good place for it. Its slightly off centered but it will be fine.

004-24_zps0599cc10.jpg

005-21_zpsb183752e.jpg

006-18_zps40f6afdf.jpg

Edited by 502