Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow. I'm glad I don't have a dog in the '90 Mustang LX fight.

LDO

Have you ever seen a Hatch without the spoiler of some sort? Goofy and truncated is the only way to describe it.

I take offense to above statement and now we must be mortal forum enemies and fight on the forum forever !!..

I actually like the look of a hatch without a spoiler better. Roof just flows right to the tail of the car like a fastback should. Spoilers on the hatch always looked tacked on to me and just wreck the lines. I could be biased tho since I'm an early Fox guy and they could be had sans spoiler

Honestly, never had an interest in this car...until...the model came out and the contreversy sparked my interest.

After building one for a couple weeks now, and reseraching a lot of cars online, I kind of like the car. I really like that the LX is a base model car (manual wondows, no AC) but with the 5.0 - really, kind of how muscle cars started out! I have also started noticing them all over - parking lots, TV shows, flipped and jumped on Nitro Circus.

All issues aside, this kit has given some respect to the Fox body era that I didn't have prior.

97.4% of the kit is very nice, by the way.

Honestly, never had an interest in this car...until...the model came out and the contreversy sparked my interest.

After building one for a couple weeks now, and reseraching a lot of cars online, I kind of like the car. I really like that the LX is a base model car (manual wondows, no AC) but with the 5.0 - really, kind of how muscle cars started out! I have also started noticing them all over - parking lots, TV shows, flipped and jumped on Nitro Circus.

All issues aside, this kit has given some respect to the Fox body era that I didn't have prior.

97.4% of the kit is very nice, by the way.

I'm sure Revell is delighted by the "controversy." ANY publicity is better than NO publicity.

Mortal enemies it is then, Rick! :)

I have a few rust-free spoilerless hatches at the house, and I was thinking of going that route should i find a clean 79-80 Hatch. Run it hatchless, with the 79-82 Forward-facing hood scoop and dropped down low!

I will build one, I purchased it yesterday. It will be a silver Missouri State Highway Patrol vehicle with the rarely seen red interior that was ordered by Missouri and Texas.

Then I will watch folks lose their minds debating the interior color. Talk about raising the roof. :lol:

G

I will build one, I purchased it yesterday. It will be a silver Missouri State Highway Patrol vehicle with the rarely seen red interior that was ordered by Missouri and Texas.

Then I will watch folks lose their minds debating the interior color. Talk about raising the roof. :lol:

G

You be the devil, fer shur!

How about building it as the U2 chase car, all Dark Blue with the 10-holes painted Dark Blue with satin Silver center caps?

That would be way too cool.

You be the devil, fer shur!

Hehehehehehehehehehehe...........

G

Roger, last word was (barring any corrections of the body) about this time next year for the drag version.

Wayne, I have quite a few pics of the U2 chase Stangs along with the CHP units that served as stand-ins until the USAF ordered their SSPs (they were 85-86 SSPs).

And unlike the Corvette (that started out getting its' tail handed to it because of it being so nose-heavy) which was designed from the ground up as a 'sports car', the 1964.5 Mustang was based on the falcon and was designed as a sporty vehicle, NOT a sports car. It was a flashy Falcon. It was only after Lee Iacocca asked Shelby to get involved with the Mustang program did it evolve into a 'sports car'. The Mustang did better in its classes than the 'Vette did for some time. It was only after GM finally took the Vette seriously that it evolved into the car it is.

The Mustang has always been a 'peoples car' for the American market, and even today the Vette has to watch its tail when you put the upper echelon of Mustang against even the upper echelon of Vette. For a car that started as a sports car, it could be doing a LOT better at it. It takes a C5R-C6R to make it competitive on the world stage, where a lowly Baer Racing prepped 93 Mustang sat on the POLE of the 'World Challenge' against Vettes, Ferraris, and Porsches. (then again, maybe I am a bit biased too!)

Edited by whale392

Brad I'm seriously interested in those photos. If you don't want to post them here send me a PM.

I've owned both a Vette ('93) and a Mustang ('69) and wish I kept the 'stang. I haven't been enthusied about a Corvette until the '14 model was shown. Even MrsG likes that one and she's a diehard Camaro fan.

G

I agree the mustangs sux from 1964-2014

Corvettes are the americans sports car

I don't think the Mustang was ever meant to be marketed as a "sports car". Besides, it only took Chevy something like 50 years or more to get the Corvette up there with the rest of the world's two-seat "sports cars". But that's just MY opinion.

The Fox body Mustang is the '32 Ford or '55 Chevy from the early '90's thru today; an easy way to go fast at a reasonable cost, and lots of performance parts available through the aftermarket. I do hope Revell will issue a corrected body for this kit.

When they had similar problems with the '69 Charger (which is an icon of it's era), they offered to send a replacement body through their customer service department. I was lucky in that I received an entire kit along with the corrected body :) .

I'm just sitting on the sidelines in this battle. I don't know or care. But my question is "How does this new kit hold up against the Morgan Auto Detail resin offering pictured above?" The body is a 1979. I don't have it, just swiped the photo from their website.

I have it on good authority that the MAD transkit fits over the new Revell notchback chassis just fine. Guess which route I'm taking with mine? :rolleyes: In that case the roof on the Revell body is a non-issue, and I'm building the more attractive (to me, anyway) Four-Eyed Fox!

G

For G:

MOSP_AT_Museum_3.JPG