Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Wheels 69 Camaro build

Davewilly

I did this one for a monthly theme build a couple years ago. It won the theme night.....Its the MPC 69 Camaro convertible. I got it as close to the Hot Wheel as I could.....But didnt have any wheels in the part box that matched the How Wheel.... But it was a fun build and my first time using HOK paint and Automotive clear and using some P.E. detail also. Besides a little engine plumbing I opened the grill up and flocked the carpet. The rest is just out of the box.

DSC00436_zpsf0aded0d.jpg

DSC00442_zps687cdb15.jpg

DSC00438_zpsc30ee086.jpg

DSC00444_zps0fb84f3d.jpg

DSC00447_zpsc1bbaac1.jpg

DSC00445_zpsea88921d.jpg

Dave.. This is a beautiful build my friend. The paint looks great. Nice work Bud! So tell me since this was your first build using automotive are you hooked ;)

Yeah I like it seams to easier to use and comes out smoother

I would say you are mighty close to the hot wheel car, you did a great job, very clean build and the paint is very nice I like it!! :D

Thanks Larry! Wish I could have found the right wheels.....I think some mid 80s Z28 wheels would work pretty good.......I might have to hit up some swap meet baggy kits