Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from Fremont

Hello Model car mag forum!

Not to much to say, from the Bay Area, Go A's!

Been modeling since I was about 10, but was never in a place long enough to really get settled. So I still consider myself a rookie.

Now that I am old enough to focus on the 50+ Kits I have in storage, the wife thinks the smell will bother the kids.. so my current plans are to build a cheap portable station to put in my outside storage unit.

Im sure it will be nice following your builds,

Cheers,

Now that I am old enough to focus on the 50+ Kits I have in storage, the wife thinks the smell will bother the kids.. so my current plans are to build a cheap portable station to put in my outside storage unit.

I built in the house all through the years when my kids were growing up. I worked in an upstairs bedroom. I built myself a little spray booth with a small fan and a hose that I'd toss out a window. I had a corner room so there were windows on two walls. So most of the time I worked there I'd just keep the other window open a bit to allow the fan to work with cross ventilation. So I'd bring in clean air, and all the smells would go out with the fan. Just a thought for ya, welcome to the board.

First off, thanks for the welcome party. Yes, it does seem to be one if not the best forums out there.

I built in the house all through the years when my kids were growing up. I worked in an upstairs bedroom. I built myself a little spray booth with a small fan and a hose that I'd toss out a window. I had a corner room so there were windows on two walls. So most of the time I worked there I'd just keep the other window open a bit to allow the fan to work with cross ventilation. So I'd bring in clean air, and all the smells would go out with the fan. Just a thought for ya, welcome to the board.

Tom, I am actually in an apartment right now. Not the ideal spot but I actually Manage this small property so the owner requires I live here. The previous places were always owned by soeone else.. I was renting rooms etc.

Greetings, put the kids out side in the fresh air while you build inside. Keep your priority's straight. :D Or get them building, then they can beg mom to let you all build in the house.

Laz

Laz you are very correct, I didnt want to get to specific but the "kids" are not actually mine.. they are my sisters kids. I watch them in transition from school to when parents get home. Since I work from home its convenient. So they typically only spend a few hours here. And the boy is too young to be left alone while I build.

All will be well tho! I am converting what is a outdoor storage space into my build station. I took some quick photos tonight and I will post up later. Its not going to be fancy, because if I dont plan on being here longer than a year more.

Again, thank you all see ya around!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should ask that, I used to work there :) No unfortunately it is not.

Too bad it closed. It was one of the best Hobbytowns I have been to. This is the fourth Hobbytown that closed in the south bay in the last 15 years. Last fall a new Hobbytown opened up in Sunnyvale. It is small but well stocked with model car kits and the staff is very friendly. Hopefully they can make it.

Glenn I have not actually. I have actually not been to any of the other LHS in my area mainly because I worked at HobbyTown. Even if the owner did not carry a specific item, I could pretty much order whatever I needed.

Today is my day off and I think I may actually go take a look!