Model Cars Magazine Forum

toyota 86 (FRS) rocket bunny

jdmfan

heres a toyota 86 (frs) that ive been working on for a while now . it started out as a stock frs then i added a resin rocket bunny kit to it . i drilled out all the spots where the rivets dimples where in the kit and added hobby design rivets. i also oped up the doors. the wheels are volk te37v's . i swapped out the boxer motor and put a toyota 2jz with a single turbo on it . the exhaust and intake manifolds are scratch made and the throttle body. seats are model meister bride vorga's and scratch made takata harnesses. i know its not everyones cup of tea but i like this style so i built one as id like the car . hope you like sorry for the crappy pics ill take new one with better lighting tomorrow

DSC03148_zps41964c73.jpg

DSC03140_zps9d7f08bc.jpg

DSC03143_zpsc0a566e8.jpg

DSC03153_zpsa3af1a3a.jpg

DSC03155_zps6fdd25e4.jpg

DSC03156_zps8c3f80fc.jpg

Edited by jdmfan

That is freaking Awesome that is just sick ! was the open doors and jambs part of the transkit if not you do awesome work

really dig it

Michael

the kit it self is a tamiya kit i opened up the doors and made the jams . thanks for the good comment

• 2 months later...

You do good clean work, and show quality building skills. Given this is clearly your forte, maybe you could help me with a question.

What is the deal with the too narrow tires on the rims that expose the rim to unnecesary damage? If the cars were being driven hard into cornering situations, that exposed rim offers more opportunity for the wheel lip to "catch" on an uneven or rough surface does it not? I have never seen any serious race car or autocross competition car, that would have the rims exposed like that, but I have been seeing this more and more on import tuners, but I don't understand the purpose. Anyone have any info?