Model Cars Magazine Forum

Egyptian Raider Pickup with Tomb Trailer

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys, I am being driven to finish due to being able to enter something in our state fair. I have not in over two years, or for that matter a model show in my area for even longer. I still want to finish the big rat rod pete, but this one is 75% done. I just need a little push to get over the finish line.....

22 hours ago, Tony N said:

Darren

The New Mexico state fair still has a model car display, Wow thats where I got the bug to building model cars  when I was a kid in the 60's. There must have been over a hundred model cars there behind the glass neat.

Tony  

Tony, that is cool, glad to hear that you got the bug there! For the last several years thou, the amount of vehicles has dwindled significantly. They are lucky to go past 50 entries. I think two years ago they did hit 75.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Darren B said:

I have finally decided on a color, DeJaBlue by testors one coat lacquer.

IMG_4003.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

9 hours ago, Darren B said:

IMG_4068.jpg.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.jp

also playing around with some kind of hand drawn artwork for the paint job as well.

Great color choice Darren, and really nice artwork on the hood!

5 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

That last artwork is excellent!  How will you finalize it?

Thank you. That is what I have to work out now. Thinking of using a fine point sharpie to outline it then color it in like line art. The second thought I have it to go over it in sharpie then using a translucent candy paint over it would be like a ghost pattern. Not to sure but am redrawing the image on spoons to try out each idea. Would look awesome to airbrush it like a mural but my air brushing skills are not good enough for that yet.

5 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

You're gonna knock 'em dead at that show Darren! This is no longer a model dude. This ...........................is a masterpiece in the makin's.

Joe, thank you. I hope it turns out good. I am a little worried about the paint coming out right. One of the reasons it has set for a year or two trying to come up with an awesome paint job that is more than just one color.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 5:44 AM, Rider said:

The work and creativity is spectacular,  I really dig this. What is the pink/flesh coloured material you have been using/shaping? It looks like sculpting foam. 

Rider, thank you. The pink foam that I use is a urethane 3-d sign foam. You can get some At www.signfoam.com. I got them as samples. A little goes a long way.