Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Darren B

Egyptian Raider Pickup with Tomb Trailer

Recommended Posts

Might be easier to draw on semi gloss black Darren...

 

Carl, that may help will give that a try thanks for the idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_7130.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

was at hobby lobby yesterday getting some supplies and took another look in the jewelry isle and came across this to add to it. Not sure if I will be updating soon but want to get back to this one some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_3678.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_3680.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_3677.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

 

Sorry about the orientation of the photos. my new iphone does not let me rotate, I will try to get this figured out but back on this one now to try to finish it for the fair in September.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I am being driven to finish due to being able to enter something in our state fair. I have not in over two years, or for that matter a model show in my area for even longer. I still want to finish the big rat rod pete, but this one is 75% done. I just need a little push to get over the finish line.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darren

 The New Mexico state fair still has a model car display, Wow thats where I got the bug to building model cars  when I was a kid in the 60's. There must have been over a hundred model cars there behind the glass neat.

Tony  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tony N said:

Darren

 The New Mexico state fair still has a model car display, Wow thats where I got the bug to building model cars  when I was a kid in the 60's. There must have been over a hundred model cars there behind the glass neat.

Tony  

Tony, that is cool, glad to hear that you got the bug there! For the last several years thou, the amount of vehicles has dwindled significantly. They are lucky to go past 50 entries. I think two years ago they did hit 75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finally decided on a color, DeJaBlue by testors one coat lacquer.

IMG_4003.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_4068.jpg.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.jp

also playing around with some kind of hand drawn artwork for the paint job as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darren B said:

I have finally decided on a color, DeJaBlue by testors one coat lacquer.

IMG_4003.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

 

9 hours ago, Darren B said:

IMG_4068.jpg.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.jp

also playing around with some kind of hand drawn artwork for the paint job as well.

Great color choice Darren, and really nice artwork on the hood!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

That last artwork is excellent!  How will you finalize it?

Thank you. That is what I have to work out now. Thinking of using a fine point sharpie to outline it then color it in like line art. The second thought I have it to go over it in sharpie then using a translucent candy paint over it would be like a ghost pattern. Not to sure but am redrawing the image on spoons to try out each idea. Would look awesome to airbrush it like a mural but my air brushing skills are not good enough for that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slusher said:

 

Great color choice Darren, and really nice artwork on the hood!

Thank you Carl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're gonna knock 'em dead at that show Darren! This is no longer a model dude. This ...........................is a masterpiece in the makin's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

You're gonna knock 'em dead at that show Darren! This is no longer a model dude. This ...........................is a masterpiece in the makin's.

Joe, thank you. I hope it turns out good. I am a little worried about the paint coming out right. One of the reasons it has set for a year or two trying to come up with an awesome paint job that is more than just one color.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_4379.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

(sorry about the rotated pic, still can not figure out how to fix this on my new phone) Just found these this weekend, Going back this coming weekend for a few more for this build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The work and creativity is spectacular,  I really dig this. What is the pink/flesh coloured material you have been using/shaping? It looks like sculpting foam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 5:44 AM, Rider said:

The work and creativity is spectacular,  I really dig this. What is the pink/flesh coloured material you have been using/shaping? It looks like sculpting foam. 

Rider, thank you. The pink foam that I use is a urethane 3-d sign foam. You can get some At www.signfoam.com. I got them as samples. A little goes a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren B said:

Rider, thank you. The pink foam that I use is a urethane 3-d sign foam. You can get some At www.signfoam.com. I got them as samples. A little goes a long way.

Thanks for sharing the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...