Model Cars Magazine Forum

Egyptian Raider Pickup with Tomb Trailer

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6578.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_6570.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_6584.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

Got more done on the engine, decided to go blue instead of gold because I changed my idea for the outside colors. Also after all the trimming I did the manifold is still hitting the firewall so I am gonna take my dremel and get to carving the firewall till it fits straight up and done. You can see the tilt in the last photo. My new Idea for the trucks colors are black fenders with gold running down the middle and blue and gold lowrider graphics (patterns) on top of the gold.

IMG_6145.jpg.opt570x375o0%2C0s570x375.jp

This is the photo of the colors that gave me the inspiration for the paint colors. I have not found any other shoots of the car to see the rest of the paint but gives me a good idea on how to execute on my truck.

Edited by Darren B

IMG_6626.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

IMG_6627.jpg.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.jp

I am liking the black and gold and blue/purple accents idea more and more. Will paint the bed soon with the gold to have a better idea but just mocked up the spare fender painted gloss black to see how it looks. The bug in the photo has matte black paint, but not have good luck with handling the parts afterwards without showing they were handled. I may give it a try but like the gloss so far.

Edited by Darren B

On 7/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, slusher said:

Just noticed your fan Darren, since you mentioned it. All your engine detail keeps it from being noticed in my opinion. Really nice engine detail by the way friend!!

Thank you very much, on a short vacation this week hope to finish engine. Most all body parts painted updates soon.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Man it's been a while since I've peeked in on this one. The detail is simply awesome!!

Thank you, been wanting to finish it. They slammed me at work the last few months 7 days a week. That is letting up hope to have some updates soon.