Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gluing Photo Etched Parts

In the process of building the Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador & I purchased the detail parts which are basically photo etched parts. My issue is that where the vents are & on the engine cover the photo etched parts are to be placed over clear plastic pieces then the pieces are glued to there places per the instructions. The issue I'm having is glueing the photo etched parts which are basically honey comb screens onto clear pieces without the glue being visable. The photo etched screen I glued on last night I used the Krystal Clear adhesive & after it dried you could see where it had been glued. Its not real noticeable but I can see it so does anyone have any suggestions on how to glue the photo etched screens onto the clear model pieces without the glue being noticed.

Thank You

I use all kinds of different things to attach small photoetch pieces. For a piece like you describe, you could try sticking it face-down on a piece of tape and applying adhesive spray to the back side of the part. Just a little spritz is all it needs. Then use a tweezer to mount the PE part onto the model.

Wel I have solved my dilemma ! After reading all of the replies I used Pledge Floor Wax but finding the Pledge was a bit of a pain to find but I'm very satisfied on how the screens turn out . Thank you all that replied to my post !