Cool Youtube clip of kenworth diecast truck...

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Gang,

I was doing a quick research on trailers and found this little bit of clip showing a cool truck and trailer diecast model in 1/50. I will love to have something like this in regular 1/24 scale as a kit. Anyway, i hope you guys will enjoy it....I know I did..

Posted

Oh, just in case you guys are wondering where to find it...

http://www.cranesetc.co.uk/

ps: I don't own any shares in this company to promote their product. I just found it myself and though you guys might like it as well. :)

Posted

That's a TWH diecast. Expeeeeensive!!!!!!!! I own a couple different rigs from them. They are by far, the best diecast in that scale!!!!!

Posted

Yeah, I just saw the price myself. I didn't realize diecast models can cost that much. The complete setup of the tractor/trailer over $350...wow is right!! I wouldn't mind building one in 1/24. Looks totally cool with that extra bumper and lights.

Posted

Very nice, but to rich for my blood. It does have awesome details, and would be super huge in 1/25 scale.

Posted (edited)

Yea there at the top of the list for the detail in 1/50 scale.

As far as the cost of one of these it will get very high in 1/24 1/25 scale also.

You would pretty much need one of there's to get the details for the bigger trucks right.

OR do a LOT of research and you still may miss something you cant see in a photo.

You may be able to build one for around $500.00 by the time you by the 1/24 1/25 scale truck all the tires,plastic to scratch build it.

And also the scratch building skills to jump on something like this.

However you would have a very nice rig and a rare one on top of that.

Then you could sell it to some serious collector or big company and get your money back with some profit.

Just a thought.

Edited by ewaskew