Model Cars Magazine Forum

77 Cobra II in 1:18

Porscheman

One of the greatest things that can happen to a car guy is to have a model of your first new car. Well Greenlight just released mine and arrived today. It was almost perfect with a couple details I had to add. My black and gold 77 Cobra II was an early production 77 with chrome window trim, so I broke out the BMF and now it's done. My car was also a 4 spd., no air car so I'll have to change the shifter and add a clutch pedal, I'm not going remove the additional A/C vent though. Everything on this model is outstanding, the paint is like a mirror and the interior with carpeting is beautiful. It also has decent engine detail, no plug wires though.
Great job Greenlight!!! This is the most accurate Cobra II to date. The only thing is the front spoiler is metal on the model and vinyl on the real car. I wish it was metal on my 1:1, it took a beating on parking curbs. LOL
Al

Edited by Porscheman

• 1 month later...

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these too!! It was also my first "new" car..mine was 2 years old with 4,200 miles one it.

I traded it 3 years later on a brand new '84 GT hatchback. And I always regretted that, so I bought another in 1987 with 32,000 miles. that now has 53,000 miles.

Ray, I also owned a 1978 King Cobra, but with T-Tops.

I would have liked to have the T-Top version but did not know they were going to offer one. I bought the first one I saw. I was at a Ford dealer looking for a new car and saw "mine" as it was being delivered. I was making a deal as they were unloading from the truck. Although nothing really special in the area of performance I sure did like that car. Got so many compliments every time I drove it. Got rid of it when the gas in California went sky high and was tough to buy or find. I should have kept it and just got a cheap car to commute to work. Doh !!