Model Cars Magazine Forum

$700 For Model Rims...

So I was looking on Ebay for some wheels for a couple of my builds and ran across this...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Can anyone see why these wheels would cost so much? Seem's like some shady dealing to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-Inch-Chrome-Wheel-Spinners-Donk-Tires-Rims-1-24-1-25-scale-model-car-kit-/121121341016?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1c3364fe58

So I was looking on Ebay for some wheels for a couple of my builds and ran across this...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?

Can anyone see why these wheels would cost so much? Seem's like some shady dealing to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-Inch-Chrome-Wheel-Spinners-Donk-Tires-Rims-1-24-1-25-scale-model-car-kit-/121121341016?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item1c3364fe58

Two noobs who think they're getting bargain on real wheels?

I know the bid started out at $4.98. To jump up to $700 in 13 bids is unreal.

Either they think these are 1:1 wheels (even though the seller has 3 other sets just like them for $4.98), or there is some underlying "Dealing" going on if you catch my drift.

Two possibilities:

A. The bidding is rigged; the seller is having his buddies drive the bidding (or he's doing it himself via multiple accounts)... if they sell for an outrageous price, the seller makes a fortune (and maybe gives his "bidding buddies" a cut). If one of his buddy's fake bids is the winning bid, the seller just doesn't collect and the fake auction is over.

B. Someone thinks they're actually bidding on real, full-scale wheels.

I'll take Harry's option B. I'm not casting aspersions on the intelligence of folks who are into those kinds of wheels, but.... yeah, I guess I am. They saw 30" Inch Chrome Wheel Spinners in the title and just stopped reading. Somebody is gonna be very upset in about an hour & 12 minutes.

I'll take Harry's option B. I'm not casting aspersions on the intelligence of folks who are into those kinds of wheels, but.... yeah, I guess I am. They saw 30" Inch Chrome Wheel Spinners in the title and just stopped reading. Somebody is gonna be very upset in about an hour & 12 minutes.

No, they'll be upset when a tiny box or envelope containing the 30" wheels they THOUGHT they purchased shows up at their door.,

No, they'll be upset when a tiny box or envelope containing the 30" wheels they THOUGHT they purchased shows up at their door.,

If that was actually the case, they'd have no case. The listing clearly states the wheels are scale model wheels. I think the bidding is rigged by the seller.

If that was actually the case, they'd have no case. The listing clearly states the wheels are scale model wheels. I think the bidding is rigged by the seller.

I said the EXACT same thing on FB. The description is clear, so eBay would side with the seller.

Did anyone notice that this is the first auction that the buyer has won? And a big one at that too! Ooof! :huh:

Yet, there has to be two people bidding it to that high. Harry might be right about the notion of bid rigging, but to the tune of $760...? That's not even reasonable. No, I'll go with a case of a coupla lunk heads who didn't read past (half) the headline.

The winning bidder could be the seller who has realised there is a moron bidding and has decided to win it themselves in order to avoid the s**t fight that will result from the moron winning and kicking up a fuss when they realise they are model wheels.