Model Cars Magazine Forum

This one, I really like!!! Amt's 1955 Chev Cameo done in Duplicolor Chevy Orange. It has Pegasus Volante 23" and parts bin intake with filters. What ya think? Mirrors or no Mirrors.

Ps. I know I forgot to sand off the TM stamp on the fuel tank, but bring on the critics :unsure:

IMG_0643_zpse840f7a3.jpg

IMG_0644_zpsa55b2a4c.jpg

IMG_0645_zps477d5404.jpg

IMG_0646_zps545d3815.jpg

IMG_0647_zps796971c6.jpg

IMG_0649_zpsd7aa15df.jpg

IMG_0650_zps412f102f.jpg

IMG_0651_zps9addca43.jpg

IMG_0652_zpsfd596cac.jpg

IMG_0652_zpsfd596cac.jpg

Chris , great model. Only see one minor problem. I know a "Trigger happy moderator who will bite ya for putting a truck outside of it's proper place . Uh , you may wish to post this down in the truck section ..............

I have this kit, and always wondered if the guys at AMT forgot a floor pan for the cab.

The '57 truck is the same thing.

The model looks great, but they could had included a part to hide the interior tub from the underside, so it would look more realistic.

nnltruck_chassis_close-vi.jpg

MVC011S-vi.jpg

since you mentioned the floor... it's easy enough to fix. Above are photos of the two trucks I built. I used a very thin piece of Evergreen sheet on the bottom of the interior tub that was cut to match the cab bottom. Then using more Evergreen, this time a bit thicker, I made the step down areas. I've been told that the step down doesn't go all the way to the back like I did, only in the door area. I'll do one that way next time. It would be cool if a resin caster made a corrected interior floor.

I have this kit, and always wondered if the guys at AMT forgot a floor pan for the cab.

The '57 truck is the same thing.

The model looks great, but they could had included a part to hide the interior tub from the underside, so it would look more realistic.

7712969494_c3cd891bd3.jpg

^^ Here is a shot of the under cab structure AMT/ERTL chose not to put in the box.

I agree with the comments (and have been intending to scratch up something to cover the sides of the interior tub when I build one of the 6 or so kits in my stash), but I think the OP's model looks great considering what AMT/ERTL provided as raw materials.

Edited by gman

^^ Here is a shot of the under cab structure AMT/ERTL chose not to put in the box.

I agree with the comments (and have been intending to scratch up something to cover the sides of the interior tub when I build one of the 6 or so kits in my stash), but I think the OP's model looks great considering what AMT/ERTL provided as raw materials.

Are you sure that's the right one? The '55-57 had the battery on the firewall under the hood. That pan appears to have a hole in it for the battery to sit in like a Ford.

Also, isn't that compartment at the back for the spare tire and not a fuel tank? There's a fuel tank behind the seat...

That is correct. In addition, that compartment is a Cameo only item, it was not used on Stepside or Fleetside trucks.

THE 55/59 CHEVY TRUCKS HAD 2 HOLES ,ONE FOR THE TRANS AND ONE FOR THE MASTER CYLINDERS,

There are actually 4 holes, Master Cylinder and Transmission, plus 1 in the back for the Fuel Line and another for the Gas Tank Drain Plug. In addition, there are 4 more holes at the front in the toeboard for the brake, clutch, throttle rod, and on manual transmission 6 cylinder trucks, the starter pedal. Automatic transmission trucks also have an extra hole in the transmission cover for access to the dipstick. http://www.classicindustries.com/truck/parts/14083.html

If anyone wants to see how the floor looks in the 1:1, I can see about getting mine on a lift to get clear pics.