Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1990 Mustang LX with increased headroom.

I think the interior looks great. If you were going to do the same interior, but all black, which black(s) would you use? Instead of using the flat black to fog onto the seats, do you think a light fogging of a dark gray would work, with the black, to get the correct tweed look?

Impressive work Mike!!! What color are you painting the body?

Thanks Marcos, it's going to be factory code EP Bright Red, as on my car on page 1.

Mike you have done an incrediable amount of work to make this fox stand out. Are they ready to sell? John

Yes they are John, see post #16 in this thread - http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78577

-MJS

I think the interior looks great. If you were going to do the same interior, but all black, which black(s) would you use? Instead of using the flat black to fog onto the seats, do you think a light fogging of a dark gray would work, with the black, to get the correct tweed look?

The black tweed in these cars usually looks grey, sometimes you have to take a second look to see if it's black. The vinyl and plastic parts are easy - semigloss black MM or Tamiya, flat for the carpets. The cloth seat inserts would be the tricky part, they looked darker when brand new, but faded to a charcoal greyish color when a few years old. I think you're on the right track with fogging on dark gray from several feet away, but it may look too dark to register right; so you might try a grey primer fogged on the same way. I did test shots on scraps to get the look that I was happy with, I would do the same with the black to get the level of grey you want.

-MJS

That looks awesome!! Door handles should be black as well. I can't wait to get a couple of these. I just can't bring myself to do anything with the box of kits I have until I get this body

same, I started on one.... and put it away. My 3 should be here next week.