Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1990 Mustang LX with increased headroom.

That's a bummer.  Does anyone know if these corrected bodies might be available somewhere?

Gregg Wann was casting them.  He used Mike's modified car as the master.  You can find Gregg here and see the kit,  He will know if they are still available.

plumber-boy1@cox.net

http://smcbofphx.proboards.com/thread/1997/mike-schnur-hatchback-mustang-project

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

Hi all,

I am attempting to bring this old article to the forefront.  It has been a few years.  Mike is nearing completion on a new master for the Htachback version also.

Fantastic news! I am still very much interested in buying a couple hatch versions once they are available.

9 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

Hi all,

I am attempting to bring this old article to the forefront.  It has been a few years.  Mike is nearing completion on a new master for the Htachback version also.

Thanks for bringing the thread back up. I followed it closely in real-time and after getting my LX Coupe body I intended to search it out for a refresher. Just as impressive all these years later! 

Glad to see this thread resurface because it was a good read. I wasn't active daily here back when all the hulabaloo went down around the introduction of the kit (Nine years ago 😵 ) so i missed all the unpleasantness. Dennis' recent build got me interested in the kit, and have spotted the drag version on the HL shelves. I'm interested in building it, and may use the "chopped" body since I like the look. But reading through this thread has piqued my interest in the option of a corrected body 9or maybe the notch if it comes to market)

Thanks to @Maindrian Pace and @Dennis Lacy for showcasing these great builds and showing what can be done with "the kit that won't be named"

• Like 1