Model Cars Magazine Forum

Channeled deuce roadster - final update 12/8

Jantrix

Well I started a combo of the Revell roadster and the sedan a while back, but after a while I just wasn't diggin' it. This was as far as I got.

2013-02-18063131_zps23fcaa5a.jpg

After an hour perusing Hot Rod Kulture magazine, here is where I'm headed now. I'll use the tractor style grill shell I built in in the tutorial and channel the body over the frame. I will retain the painted wires and the flathead from the original. Color will be satin Magenta over a flat back chassis. More soon.

2013-06-08140621_zps2eb7a70a.jpg

Edited by Jantrix

I have finished the chassis mods, and altered the interior cup and firewall.

2013-06-08164241_zps4fc16da9.jpg

2013-06-08164317_zps3a424da2.jpg

A few mock up shots. The kit radiator will need to be shortened a bit, but otherwise it fits the grill shell perfectly. I'd like to say I planned it that way, but it was just luck.

2013-06-08164014_zps3ff96605.jpg

2013-06-08164027_zpsaebb78a9.jpg

2013-06-08164109_zps0ece13f9.jpg

Okay, here is another revelation, the grill shell is very close in shape to the front edge of the hood. I think with some sanding I can make it work. The channeling has made the grill shell a perfect fit height-wise. More soon. Jim, the paint is still in the planning stage, so shiny is a possibility.

I'm kicking around the idea of using the Revell five spokes in place of the wires, we'll have to wait and see.

Paint WILL be a gloss, Duplicolor Medium Grey Metallic. Stay tuned, I will start painting parts tomorrow.

Thanks for the ataboys guys.

I want to go with a larger headlight than this comes with. Because of the grill, I'm thinking something mid thirties, like '37 Chevy or '36 Ford. I'd like to hear some more ideas and if you have something for trade, I'd like to hear from you.

I'd say Prowler, but I'm doing those! :lol:

primerDSC_0935.jpg

If the hood is working something like the '39 Chevy or some other 'molded to fender' lights mounted to the hood sides. Ones that have more of the bucket set into the fender.

Or ...

1948 Citroen 2CV

1961 Chrysler Imperial There IS a kit of these but was in 1961 I got one. Not sure how available. Just one each side of the grill.

Edited by Foxer