Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `10 Mustang GT500

Hawk312

I know, I know, there have been probably dozens of great builds already posted of this kit, so I`ll keep it short.

As many of you have probably read before, there are two ways to build this kit: assemble according to instructions, or shake the box a few minutes and let all the pieces fall together. I had absolutely no issues. The engineering is amazing, head and shoulders above some of the older big scale kits.

Duplicolor used on the body, and I got the color waaayy to dark as you can see...am a little disappointed. Some minor detail added to the engine bay.

I have to apologize, I thought for sure I had pics of the interior before it went in, but now I cant find them. I`ll keep looking for them and post them if I find them.

Let me know what you think.

Untitled_zps9da32da8.jpg

Untitled2_zps93ab22cc.jpg

Untitled3_zps7e96114d.jpg

Untitled4_zps847e02d6.jpg

Untitled5_zps64512802.jpg

Untitled6_zps49f4a6bd.jpg

Untitled7_zpsd7ea9820.jpg

Untitled8_zps1038b1a4.jpg

I don't know what color you were aiming for, but the one that you got looks great to me! As usual with you, practically a flawless model, the paint is your typical perfect.

If it wasn't for the molded-in wipers, those engine shots could be used in "Real or Model."

love the color also..it;s nice to see something different from the ever reapearing Konablue etc

i guess the only thing making it a dark model is the fact it has dark wheels...and the surroundings and atmosphere

in the photos are slightly dark...

other than that it's the usual way you build a model...like absolutely flawless...

i have one lying around too...but first the 1/12 69 z/28 ...a kit you are probably familiar with? ;)

I don't know what color you were aiming for, but the one that you got looks great to me! As usual with you, practically a flawless model, the paint is your typical perfect.

If it wasn't for the molded-in wipers, those engine shots could be used in "Real or Model."

Cool...also if it hadnt been for no hood hinges you could definitly tell it was scale and not real!

Looks very good.

I'll have to use your photos for engine detail reference for mine.

Until I saw this I thought I would have to look around before starting mine.

However your details look real enough for me and others to go by.

The paint looks great also.

• 1 month later...

As already noted by a few others, if it weren't for a couple of the underhood shots, it could pass very easily for a 1:1. As Don, above, inquired, how did you get your K&N filter to look so realistic? That is one piece that truly gives it the look of a 1:1. Super nice build, any way you slice it...!

Thanks again everyone!

I`m not sure of the color...I just know it was some type of Duplicolor dark metallic silver, I believe a Ford color. It was a couple years ago that I painted it.

For the K&N, I used Tamiya flat red with some black mixed in. I would have to guess about 5 parts red to 1 part black.

Thanks.