Heartland Nationals

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I plan to spend most of my day in Overland Park at Heartland Nationals. A great show run by a great group of guys.

Posted · Report post

Hope Bill Davis and all from this forum.........do well at the show :)

Posted · Report post

I was there in 2006 and had a great time there...My regards to Bill Barker...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was there.

Good time.

Great displays.

Came home with some 1:8 flathead pieces to work off of. :)

Edited by Ognib

Posted · Report post

Wanted to be there....couldn't make it......bummer..!

Posted (edited) · Report post

it never disappoints,another great Heartland Nationals show, there was a little over 400 entries, tons of vendors, we had a REAL barn find on display outside, a 37 chev. coupe gasser, just as it was retired in the early 70's, 427 corvette engine with a cross ram, fender well headers, 4 speed, red lexan windows, hand painted gold flake letters on the doors, the seat belts still had 1970 expiration dates!! sounded pretty wicked too!!

Ken Leslie got Best Paint and Peoples Choice with his gorgeous 1/12 Mustang,Clay Kemp came up for the show, he was the big winner, best engine withe the Black Beard Pro Mod, best Detail and Best of show with his latest build of Jason Feger's late model dirt car, beautiful stuff!!

awesome time!! you gotta go!

thanks so much John, hopefully I will see you there next year my friend! ;)

Edited by vintagedragfan

Posted · Report post

Great turnout again this year and the vendor area has grown huge in the years since I began attending. I don't always have something finished to enter but I always make my best attempt to see the show on Sunday regardless. It's always cool to meet some of the guys from here on MCM there.

Posted · Report post

The show was GREAT! We all had a blast! BIG Thanks to the K.C. Slammers! Always a great show & swap.

All the members are Top Notch folks!...Found some good builders to restore-And still got some cash left!

Klay Cemps work is...Wow Just Wow! And got to meet Tom Nungester-His cars are FINE! Congrats. to everyone

that got an award! Well done! The quality was fantastic!-I'm glad I don't have to help judge that show.

Oh ya the 37 Chevy gasser was ,drool,drool drool,slobber, slobber WOW!

Eric

Posted · Report post

Neat. It's on my bucket list.

Posted · Report post

Had Agreat time Myself First time I have Been able to go in over 10 years. Will post pictures when I get them uploaded to photobucket

Posted · Report post

Nuts! :blink: I Missed it & didn't even know it was going down. RATS! Glad to see every one had a blast.

Posted · Report post

I never fail to enjoy the Heartland. Way too much eye candy.

Having Clay Kemp enter this year was a true honor. I have always marveled at his work on-line. To see it in person is beyond description.

Thanks to Bill Davis for rounding up the 1:1 37 Chevy gasser. That thing was nostalgia all the way. On Sunday afternoon, he fired it up and the smell of race gas floated in the air like the worlds best cologne. They really do need to bottle that smell.

I swore I didn't need to pick up any more kits, but there's so much at the Heartland that you're bound to run across something that lures you in. I came across a double Corvette kit with another C4 to replace my promo, and a 53 like my buddy drove back in high school; plus the very cool Revell 50 Olds.

Put this one on your calendar next year.

Posted · Report post

best foreign

IMG_5286_zpsfe7d316f.jpg

my 2nd place lowrider

IMG_5175_zps52ae2b1f.jpg

such a fun time will definetly be back next year

Posted · Report post

Congrats, Bill ... well deserved!

Posted · Report post

thanks dean

Posted · Report post

Great work congrats Y'all!