Model Cars Magazine Forum

Missouri State Highway Patrol '90 Mustang LX

Agent G

This will be my take on the new kit. I decided to build one without roof mods as I just couldn't wait. Like everyone else I've been waiting for this kit for, well two decades.

DSCF4270_zps5fde5f8f.jpg

DSCF4272_zpsa7408b1d.jpg

DSCF4273_zpsf0887a4b.jpg

DSCF4274_zpsc827c00a.jpg

DSCF4276_zpsa4ba5afa.jpg

The 5.0 is in Valspar gray primer which I thought was a good match. The tranny is Tamiya Metallic Gray drybrushed with MM Aluminum.

The interior is a combo of primers right now and the body is Tamiya Silver Leaf.

G

Fred they are slowly dribbling out across the various retailers. Mine came at a premium price from Hobby Town USA, because the Mrs said I shouldn't wait to build a model car I've wanted for so freakin' long.

Thanks Dave, I'm taking my time and I'm going to get the interior as correct as possible.

G

Thanks Matt.

I base coated them with an acrylic dark brown, then used a red brown thinned out with acrylic thinner and washed on. I let that dry and then drybrushed a light coat of MM "Jet Exhaust".

The base was Polly Scale "Railroad Tie Brown", the red brown was MM Acrylic "Rust" but any brand/color will do. It's the Jet Exhaust color that makes it pop, it's a silver/gold bronzish color which is great for cars. Highly recommended.

G

Nice job on those headers, indeed, Wayne.

I've been doing Tamiya Gunmetal (acrylic bottle) with some Model Master Acryl Rust more-or-less dry-brushed on (just a hair more paint than dry-brushing), and they look like fairly new exhaust manifolds.

This kit seems like a real mixed bag- I'm very reluctant to get one because of that roof, but from what I've seen, it does build up nicely otherwise.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie it looks like a good solid build will result straight from the box. The engine is just super and the interior is nothing to sneeze at. I bet with proper care and handling, marked as a copcar or with factory correct paint, the majority of viewers won't recognize the errors.

I won't place a number to that percentage, my lovely wife spotted the inconsistencies as I pulled the body from the box. She's a car person, not a model builder, and knows Mustangs. I hadn't said anything and she noticed it right away.

Jonathan, Danno, get cracking my friends.

G

G, what colors did you use on the engine?

Jonathan the engine is Valspar enamel primer straight from the can. To my eye it's a good match to the references posted here in another thread. The tranny is Tamiya "Metallic Gray" acrylic drybrushed with MM "Aluminum" enamel.

This is the stuff I used, I think I bought it at a Michaels? or Wal Mart.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270417128847?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Brad I'm planning three builds myself. MSHP, NHP and CHP. All three are quite unique.

G

Edited by Agent G

G,

I'm complimenting your contingent: I'm doing AZDPS HP, KHP, and CSP. :)

Jonathan is doing Tokyo HP and Nagasaki Drift Police. :mellow:

And I heard Mark Gustavson is doing a Utah HP with chrome reverse wheels, wide whites, lakes pipes and a bubbletop. :huh:

and a custom hand airbrushed laquer paint job unobtainable by mere mortals.................................................. :huh:

When Jonathan said he was building one of these I darn near spit my coffee out. After " Barney the Olds " I cannot imagine what this will turn out like. "Fast and Furious" will surely become "Slow and Delirious".

B)

G