Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes 508 D Wrecker

Chromecop

I love it!!! I dont know why we dont have alot (if any) crew -cab tow trucks in this country(USA). It seems to me people would be willing to pay an extra fee to ride along in the truck with the driver. Sometimes people do, sometimes you cant. There is 2 guys in alot of the trucks I see...... Very interesting build.

Rudy

• 4 weeks later...
Well, You've all probably noticed by now that I'm a VERY slow builder... But, here are some new pic's of this build.

with something this cool take all the time you need but keep posting your progress I really like it . do you have any photos of the toy it started out as?

with something this cool take all the time you need but keep posting your progress I really like it . do you have any photos of the toy it started out as?

Well, I'm not sure but I might have a pic of the original van. I check it out once I get back home from work tomorrow!

do you have any photos of the toy it started out as?also are they pretty rare? I like trucks that are a little different .thanks

These trucks (actually vans...) seem to be pretty rare. So far I've spotted, and bought, 3 on Ebay in 8 years. Here's a picture I had saved on a CD.

1av3st.jpg

• 11 months later...

Holy Cow ChromeCop! :D I've seen where you posted "teaser" pics of this on another forum, but I didn't realize you had gotten this far with it!! Great work! I can't wait to see more when you start back up on this bad boy. Excellent Scratchbuilding skills as well my friend.

pirated from a friction driven toy

This is looking very good and unusual. I love the cab source!! I'd love to see a pic of the front. From the rear it looks to be a fairly well detailed body.

Edited by Foxer