Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eleanor tribute build

I plan on building Revells 2008 Mustang as an Eleanor tribute. What I'd like to know is 1) What color was the original and is there a rattle can paint that closely matches it? 2) I can't tell from the movie what color was the interior? This is not going to be a detailed build, but I suffer from AMS so that's anybody's guess. Thanks in advance for any help.

The name of the color is Pepper Gray. If you look on the Eleanor fourm DuPont is the best match for the color.

Also the black stripes are not a plain black, it is a metallic black

JSmith

I never knew that... I always figured it was Ford dark shadow grey.

Lol yes sometimes it is a blessing I can't always see true colors others a curse

Understood. I have a sister who is color blind. I would think though, with that condition you probably shouldn't be trying to tell folks what color something is right? I mean I'm not trying to be rude, although I'm probably coming across that way. But that's a bit like someone with no depth perception trying to describe distance.

Like I said in a pm to magnum4342 (P.I. Sorry couldn't resist the joke) I wish there were more guys like him who tactfully approach issues! 99.9% of the B.S. would stop. Back to the topic at hand good luck with your build I'll be watching all be it in a color scewed way lol :oD