Model Cars Magazine Forum

'29 Ford A Roadster P/u

patrol52

I built this at the beginning of summer for a 4-H project. I am pretty happy with it's turnout, except that the paint cracked, but oh-well.

b_023332.jpg

I used a spare Revell '32 Ford for parts. It's frame got chopped at the end of the running boards, and is custom from there back.

b_023458.jpg

My door panels to match the seat. I really need to find the pre-made plastic for that--having to file all those grooves was a pain.

b_023928.jpg

I want to change the bar that runs on top of the engine. It really makes it look like there is a drastic slope there, which really isn't.

b_023948.jpg

I used ballpoint pen springs in the rear, and a soda can cut into strips for the front spring--it needed an offset, so why not while I was there?

b_235622.jpg

Here you can see the oak bed and aluminum tape bed strips. Also the 40 Ford dash.

b_023846.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mike,

That steering wheel was from my parts box of models that either my dad built or his friend built back in the day. Consequently, I don't know what it is from. I asked my dad and he didn't have any idea, but our best guess would be a Ford Model A or T, possibly a T-bucket or a vintage race car. (I know my dad didn't build any old race cars, but definitely had a t-buckets, a model T, and some Model A's.) If I happen to find anything else, I will post it for sure.

Thanks everybody, for the comments.

Wes