Model Cars Magazine Forum

My fathers day gift should be here within 10 weeks.

I am pretty excited. Wife gave me the green light to order a new car for the pony stable. Ordering Monday morning. 2014 Shelby gt500 convertible. Sterling grey blue stripes performance pack and electronics pkg. Said delivery in 8-10 weeks. Should play nice with my other cars

I am pretty excited. Wife gave me the green light to order a new car for the pony stable. Ordering Monday morning. 2014 Shelby gt500 convertible. Sterling grey blue stripes performance pack and electronics pkg. Said delivery in 8-10 weeks. Should play nice with my other cars

Oh my gosh Fred! Now you are gonna have to sell me that Mach 1. :lol::D Gotta make room ya know. ;)

Seriously though, I wish I could order mine. Years away from that I'm afraid.

Well this is poor news! I called my dealer to get this going and was informed they can't order. They have their full allotment on the ground! Now best I can do is search the Canada wide database at dealer and find a car that I want that fits my requirements. Then hope they can pull it from another dealer. This sucks

Well I got some decent news. Dealer compiling a list of cars on ground or ordered from across Canada. Now I have to make a choice. Coupe or vert. Glass roof or solid. I have a few color combos in my head I will make work lol. I already have a mod list set up with evolution performance so as soon as I get a car it will go From 662 at crank to about 750 at the tire! Yes, that's a nice 800 hp street car : )

Best of luck on the purchase. What year Mach do you have? I had a torch red 04 lightly modded. Lost it a few years ago to somebody who thought red lights were optional. Only 22,000 on the ticker. Im looking for 2011-12 5.0 gt now. I have a 92 lx hatch now bit i miss that 4 valve motor.

I have an 03 torch red quite a bit of work done. Ran high 12's all day long. It has 20k on the odo. I will miss it but the urge to have a Shelby I will drive a bit is too much. I don't drive my cobra much or the 40th so I wanna mod this one right out and have fun lol

Meh, I wanna try the glass roof but it's pretty hard to get on the Shelby as not many ordered that way. My cobra is a convertible, my other Shelby is a convertible so maybe I should go that way. Will know more tmo. It will be sooner than 10 weeks now too I guess lol

I saw several on the showroom floors around southern california when they came out. Maybe there aren't so many around anymore.

I would really love to get a new GT Premium, with the Brembo brakes and suspension package, but it's still a reach for me right now. Someday.

Good luck finding the car you want.

Very cool. My Mach ran 12.90 @ 109.80 with drag radials 17" , longtube headers and full exhaust , tune , shifter , 4:10 gears and some pauls high performance goodies. Also had HPM lower control arms and edelbrock double adjustable uppers, eibach pro kit. Fun car. Broke the rear end housing at the track (had moser axles already) so put a new fully welded housing in it and 4:30 gears in but never got it back to the track.

Un true. The glass roof car is actually lighter and 30 percent more rigid than the steel roof because they used convertible bracing in cowl etc. I have checked this all out. Pretty sure it's going to be a coupe so now I just have to make up my mind on color.

• 3 weeks later...

I will receive my car mid next week. I found an ingot silver( rarest color for 13/14) with black stripes. It has the performance pack,glass roof,car cover and no other options which will make it a rare beast. I also had them install the ford racing/ borla exhaust which is pretty loud. I am pretty excited and will have pics upon delivery