Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I am finishing up a 1/12 Harley Low Rider (Imex) I want to put fringe on the ape hangers, any idea for a scale appearance

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I presume real fringe is something like 1/4" leather that would make it about .021" in scale. any suggestions for material? Dental floss?

thanks for any help,

joe.

Posted · Report post

You know I think I'd just use some fine copper wire and paint it. You can bend it down for a natural drape. Everything like thread or floss just won't hang naturally.

G

Posted · Report post

The fringe here was done with strips of regular old paper, the fringes cut with an X-acto about 95% of the way to the top edge... not all the way, so that the length of fringe is one solid piece across the top and easy to glue in place. Then the fringe was "roughed up" a bit by running my finger back and forth across it until I got the look I was after... to get the strands a little "messed up" so they don't all hang perfectly straight.

(BTW... the "rivets" on the saddlebags and seat are pinheads).

harley2.jpg

Posted · Report post

The fringe here was done with strips of regular old paper, the fringes cut with an X-acto about 95% of the way to the top edge... not all the way, so that the length of fringe is one solid piece across the top and easy to glue in place. Then the fringe was "roughed up" a bit by running my finger back and forth across it until I got the look I was after... to get the strands a little "messed up" so they don't all hang perfectly straight.

(BTW... the "rivets" on the saddlebags and seat are pinheads).

harley2.jpg

this looks fantastic. i love this build. very cool

Posted · Report post

That Harley is awesome,Im really impressed with all the details -Bill