Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Dodge D-100 replica *UPDATED 2/20/15*

Thanks everyone! I did a few things to the engine tonight but I dont know where I put all of my tiny drill bits (need to drill out the distributor) and I broke off the front suspension on the chassis so that's glued and in the dehydrator for now, so I'm going to have to postpone any more work until I can run to Hobbytown and get more drill bits.

Thanks guys, I did get a bit done this weekend but I really dont want to go any further until I get my wired distributor in the mail. After that is done, then I can get a few more things put on the engine, and plumb/wire the engine and such. Its really a fun project!

• 1 month later...

I polished up the cab and box a little...everything but the roof, since it's pretty orange peel-y and dull on the real truck. I also made my own axles with styrene and glued them in place to replace the metal axles that were included in the kit, as well as modified the suspension to get a more proportionate stance as the actual 1:1 truck.

20150220_152101.jpg

20150220_152126.jpg

20150220_152259.jpg

• 2 months later...