Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 71 duster The best model I've done so far

mnwildpunk

First off I have to thank midnightprowler (localguy) (casey) and I'm so sorry but I forget but the great guy who traded me this a kit for my 59 impala! Thanks to you guys I have pulled off my finest build to date!! this is pretty much oob stock with the exception of plug wires. IMG769.jpg my image is of a guy just getting back from vietnam in 72-73 and landing a constuction job with the 71 ,duster he bought with his combat pay which he always sent his parents to hold for him back in 68-69 I see him walkin the high steel with no fear. Like my uncle Andy all be it I'm not positive on the years. A personal note I although the hard hat should say A.I. For my uncle (Andy I.) made it look the best I could to to my my fiance initials' Jacqui B. Who has encouraged me the whole way except for calling it my nerd time in a loving manner lol. IMG772.jpg I got tons of help from everbody and I know this isn't a 10 out of 10 I just want to thank everybody who helped directly or indirectly. I achieved my best model so far!!!

Edited by mnwildpunk

Thanks guys! a like the suggestions it will make my next one better. Jason are you talking about the tips/ends of the scoops? Also like a dummy I had originally done the firewall body color and the rest of the bay flat black foolishly I chose the easy way and painted the it to match only to end up with green overspray on the rest of the engine bay. I am,also not happy with the decal placement and my painting skills are better but still lacking a lot. Again thank, you all,for your kind words and suggestions. This forum has been so helpful :);):o

Edited by mnwildpunk

Thanks guys! a like the suggestions it will make my next one better. Jason are you talking about the tips/ends of the scoops? Also like a dummy I had originally done the firewall body color and the rest of the bay flat black foolishly I chose the easy way and painted the it to match only to end up with green overspray on the rest of the engine bay. I am,also not happy with the decal placement and my painting skills are better but still lacking a lot. Again thank, you all,for your kind words and suggestions. This forum has been so helpful :);):o

Yes the trim on the front edge like in the picture of post #16 And on Mopars, only thing under the hood that should be black is the front of the core support so you don't see the body color through the grill. Although the guy below didn't do it. but is a example of an A-body engine bay

1971_Plymouth_Duster_Orange_va-f.jpg