Model Cars Magazine Forum

Warped resin

i recently got a body off ebay that was slightly warped in a flat spot threw it in the microwave for ten seconds and was able to pull it back into place. it took two tries as the first time i didnt hold it long enough in place and it "remembered" where it was before. Not knowing where you got it or how long you have had it, you might be able to contact the dealer and see about a swap. Thats what the guy i bought my body was willing to do if the microwave trick didnt fix it.

Well, I got it from a member here, and he got it, not sure how long ago, from a not so "reliable" resin maker, you figure out the name, lol. so the swap prabably would never happen. Did you have the mike on full power? And as far as hot water, how? Hot water tells me nothing, lol.

As hot as it needs to be. :P

Depends on the resin.

Start with water from the hot tap, if that don't cut it then boil the kettle but don't pour boiling water over the resin. Pour it into a jug, let it cool a while and dip the part. If that don't work boil the kettle again but let it cool for less time & so on.

Trial and error but working from the cooler end of the possible range so you don't cause worse warpage.