Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

Cien1986

Hi all...

it is my 1/24 Hasegawa Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa plastic model..

currently i am still working on it

actually i am starter on this plastic model

so please give me any comments so i can get better on the future

thanks for viewing and comments

Working on Engine

P1060511.jpg

I use Mr Colour "silver" on the block

P1060512.jpg

Under panel looks

P1060518.jpg

Edited by Cien1986

great job! perhaps you can add some electric cables. i don't think muffler pipe are black but alumimium:

this the build of a friend:

13061912072116079111306280.jpg

Really thanks debaron for helping me realize the mistakes that i made...

i just blindliy follow the color instruction on hasegawa manual what a disaster........ :wacko:

i think the muffler color is Matt black on the outside so i assume it will be single color to the head of the exhaust

1957-ferrari-250-testa-rossa-002.jpg

after i really look at it oh.... its really aluminium color on inside.....

and there is a fuel rail pipe on yellow colour... i really want to add it.. but i have no idea what material is used to made the connecting pipe that connect every single carburetor which is chrome colour on my pics below

1958_Ferrari_250TestaRossa3-1.jpeg

if possible can i take a look at the left side of the engine that your friends build.. i will be very greatful... thanks :D

Edited by Cien1986

great job! perhaps you can add some electric cables. i don't think muffler pipe are black but alumimium:

this the build of a friend:

13061912072116079111306280.jpg

may i ask why your friend paint the seat brown color? from what i know is red seat with white lining... is there any other testa rossa type out there beside Hasegawa and MFH? because it looks nice too on that brown colour...

the interior references that i get

luxury_capital_ferrari_2.jpg

Ok Henry,

This is the kit you are building, and you're right about the black color of muffler line.

the picture I showed is for a red TestaRossa...

13062010184816079111308990.jpg

13062010184816079111308989.jpg

sorry to disturb your work !

Hahaha i see so that is red testa rossa really thanks for the information Mr debaronFR

about the black testa rossa.. could you give me any hint how to build or what material is used on the fuel line since its custom made (not include in the kit)

it looks so nice and neat... really outstanding job... :)

i wonder if i could make one like that..... :huh:

This is a great kit and a great car. You can, of course, build it anyway you want with any colors you choose. I have a building tip for you: Do not install part #E6 in step five, as the instructions say; instead, wait until you have mated the body to the chassisto install it. This means you can't install the seat backs in step 8, but you can install both E6 and the seat backs after the body is in place. This makes it much easier to get the body on the chassis without as much stress as is required if you put E6 in place earlier in the build. Does that make sense?

Here are two I've built:

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN0909.jpg

This is a great kit and a great car. You can, of course, build it anyway you want with any colors you choose. I have a building tip for you: Do not install part #E6 in step five, as the instructions say; instead, wait until you have mated the body to the chassisto install it. This means you can't install the seat backs in step 8, but you can install both E6 and the seat backs after the body is in place. This makes it much easier to get the body on the chassis without as much stress as is required if you put E6 in place earlier in the build. Does that make sense?

Here are two I've built:

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN0909.jpg

i get it and really understand because i already glue the part on the body and just realize the side effect..... what a disaster

really thanks for the information i really appreciate it

about the the testa rossa you've built.... its really sharp and nice..

specially the red one maybe because i like red car, hahaha

it really give some strong, solid and oldies impression over there

i wonder if mine will be like that ...

• 3 weeks later...

here is some update

i manage to get electric wire from local electric hardware store

so i take the inside wire to roll on the sleeve

IMG-20130621-00102.jpg

finally i manage to install the wire on the engine (thanks debaronFR)

IMG-20130621-00103.jpg

haha i realize when i installing the wire it not 'scale look' enough but its the best i can get on my place...

Edited by Cien1986