Model Cars Magazine Forum

80's Dodge truck kits?

• 4 months later...

There was a resin conversion at one time for (I believe) an 81-82. I'm assuming it was based on the Monogram Ramcharger but that is just a guess I don't really know for sure.

It was a grill, hood and vent section (between the hood and windshield). Not sure if that is the extent required for a proper conversion from the LRE kit, but it looked like an early 80s Dodge to me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my fourth. I've had an '81 through to '84. Just can't seem to go to long without one on the driveway! The last one I built was a 360 4 spd, got around 325 hp from it. The truck was built to cruise, so it spun around 1800 rpm at 100 kph, but when I wanted to pass, I was gone! At least parts are still fairly easy to find, unlike my '48 Dodge 1/2 ton. That's a much tougher unit to get going on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
13 hours ago, Casey said:

I have these two resin trucks to build, got them from a FB page and now the seller is on eBay- as shown in Casey's post. He has a lot of different bodies but should note that none of them come with interior, chassis, wheels or drive train. Very nicely done renditions and the only game in town. Might want to contact the seller and see if these will be available again and which configuration.

IMG_1633 (1).jpg

IMG_1632 (1).jpg

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I have these two resin trucks to build

Are yours 1/25 or 1/16 scale? IIRC they were previously offered in 1/25 (maybe still are?), but just to be clear, the one I linked to is 1/16 scale.

All good, just didn't want anyone to be confused. I think the 1/25 scale version was posted on the forum previously, but it may have been a few years ago. A '72-'80 version would be most welcome in 1/16 scale. 

I'll have to look through previous offerings, but I like the idea of upscaling 1/25 kits to 1/16, and it seems to work especially well with pickups, given the separate cab and bed, and keeping in mind 3D print bed size limitations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...