Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Rocket Bunny 86 kit whats in the box review pg5

Ooohh. That very temping. I'm not into newer tuners to much but I really like the look of the Rocket bunny kits. I wasn't gonna pay up the ridiculous price for one but this is way more affordable. Isn't the car only like 30 bucks or so?

I wouldn't be surprised to see these sold out very soon. I purchased the volk and am contemplating the other.

Me either, I pre ordered both, I ordered one of the trans kits before I knew Aoshima was going to drop these on us

Ooohh. That very temping. I'm not into newer tuners to much but I really like the look of the Rocket bunny kits. I wasn't gonna pay up the ridiculous price for one but this is way more affordable. Isn't the car only like 30 bucks or so?

I believe its about $25

Edited by martinfan5

$25.74 by the current exchange rate. I wouldn't expect anything on that front other than perhaps a few more dimes less if the U.S. Dollar gains value as the devalued Yen isn't going anywhere for another 18 months at least based on stated policy.

If you ship it via SAL that's running about $8 right now, so about $34 delivered. Figure it'll be high $30's to lower $40's if you have a LHS that would carry (or can order) something like this.

Buy early, buy often. Like most things Aoshima has been doing lately these will be hot. The first runs of the BRZ & 86/Scion kits with the engine in them, have already sold out and they've been on the market from a grand total of 9 days.

Edited by niteowl7710

Does this have to be used on the Aoshima kit or can it be used on the Tamiya kit?

Austin, it's not a conversion, it's an entire model kit! So you get the whole shebang, ready to go out of the box, not just wings, flares and wheels with a bunch of body mods to do like the two resin conversion sets.

Austin, it's not a conversion, it's an entire model kit! So you get the whole shebang, ready to go out of the box, not just wings, flares and wheels with a bunch of body mods to do like the two resin conversion sets.

Sweet! I thought it was a conversion kit the whole time. I'm assuming that it's curbside then. Thanks for telling me because I was about to get both kits!

This is some serious news on multiple levels. I may just have to look into that but sounds like I probably should decide ASAP

That might be a good idea, we have no idea how many runs Aoshima is going to do

Edited by martinfan5

Hmm Maybe I can order a couple or three and hold on to them as kit ransom incase they become rare fast lol.

Well if you had a spare 2010 Nissan GT-R North American (LHD) version kit right now, I think you'd be able to name your price. Those things are vaporware. Aoshima has said they plan to do another run of it, but right now it's not on the horizon through September. The Egoist version was hard to come by for awhile too, but now several are on eBay and I managed to track one down Stateside. But that N.A. GT-R, I can't even prove they ran the kit ;)

Well if you had a spare 2010 Nissan GT-R North American (LHD) version kit right now, I think you'd be able to name your price. Those things are vaporware. Aoshima has said they plan to do another run of it, but right now it's not on the horizon through September. The Egoist version was hard to come by for awhile too, but now several are on eBay and I managed to track one down Stateside. But that N.A. GT-R, I can't even prove they ran the kit ;)

WOW, now that's some kinda quick and dead rarity lol. Didn't know that story either, thanks for the heads up. Although if i stumble on one i doubt i could coin the investment I imagine.

Sweet! I thought it was a conversion kit the whole time. I'm assuming that it's curbside then. Thanks for telling me because I was about to get both kits!

Ahh I dunno. They just released a version with a 19 piece engine. So far they've been mum on whether they plan to include that engine (which wouldn't technically be correct as the Rocket Bunnies are turbo-charged and inter-cooled), if they plan to tweak the engine to be correct, or if they will just be run curbside. The photos they are showing are of Scions, but the kit is for sale as the Toyota 86...I've asked - and have yet to get an answer - about whether they plan to release the kit with the Scion/LHD parts of if they plan to do RHD JDM only versions. Usually Aoshima kits will "silently" carry the LHD parts if they were in the kit to begin with the way the two '07 Subaru WRX STi Tuner kits did. Those kits are both marketed as JDM RHD Tuner cars, but all of the North American/Euro spec LHD parts are inside.

Interesting..that is a kit I didn't know existed. The only current GT-R kit I have is the Tamiya one.

WOW, now that's some kinda quick and dead rarity lol. Didn't know that story either, thanks for the heads up. Although if i stumble on one i doubt i could coin the investment I imagine.

It was in stock at HLJ for like 2 months, then went onto back-order. I joined that back-order que and about a month later we were all told it was Discontinued and they couldn't get further stock. Hobby Search had it for about a month longer after that, but I missed pulling the trigger on that one too. The only place I can even find them is on Amazon where they start for $70 which about 2 1/2 times what the kit actually cost and that doesn't count shipping it from Japanese Amazon sellers.

It'll be back...I'm patient, and it's not like I'm at some shortage of things to build.

I know of one place that has the NA GTR in stock

Aoshima is doing another run of the RHD R35 sometime in the next few months, so I am assuming that the NA R35 will come after that run , so I bet late this year, early next , but just guessing

It was in stock at HLJ for like 2 months, then went onto back-order. I joined that back-order que and about a month later we were all told it was Discontinued and they couldn't get further stock. Hobby Search had it for about a month longer after that, but I missed pulling the trigger on that one too. The only place I can even find them is on Amazon where they start for $70 which about 2 1/2 times what the kit actually cost and that doesn't count shipping it from Japanese Amazon sellers.

It'll be back...I'm patient, and it's not like I'm at some shortage of things to build.

I kind of messed up on both if us getting one, still sorry about that one James ;) , hope you can forgive me :lol:

Interesting..that is a kit I didn't know existed. The only current GT-R kit I have is the Tamiya one.

Well Aoshima updated their existing GT-R into three (well five if you count the two pre-painted versions coming this month) revised 2012 kits.

There was this one - which is RHD JDM. It sold out after awhile, but you can find them all over eBay. They plan to do another spot run in August

aos00391_0.jpg?v=1345102865

Then around Christmas it was issued as two different kits...

The 2012 GT-R Egoist - which is a really amusing "tuner" car that costs something like $180k U.S. in 1:1 and famously has a pink...err salmon color interior. This is sold out and discontinued, and I haven't heard of another run of it yet. But there are 4-5 of them on eBay.

aos00398_0.jpg?v=1355731593

Then lastly it was tweaked to a 2013 (not 2010 like I stated earlier) and released as a U.S./North American LHD model. I've seen exactly ONE of these ever listed on eBay and it sold the day it was listed.

aos00392_0.jpg?v=1351579576

Here is an update that Aoshima just posted

S.Ver.R No.56 Greddy&Rocket Bunny "VOLK RACING VER"

* New Tolling - Full Body kit including wide fenders, front under spoiler, side spoiler panels, rear under spoiler, rear wing, and exhaust.
* Winglet is regular version
* Volk Racing G25 wheel set with 18 inch new tapered stretched tires

Aoshima Bunka Kyozai Co.,Ltd. Official page
S.Ver.R No.57 Greddy&Rocket Bunny "ENKEI VER"

* New tooling - Full Body kit including wide fenders, front under spoiler, front air intake duct, side spoiler panels, rear under spoiler, rear wing, and exhaust.
* Winglet is Rocket Bunny version (sunrise)
* ENKEI RS05RR wheel set with 18 inch new tapered stretched tires
1075731_635170693160167_873452282_n_zps7

Edited by martinfan5