Model Cars Magazine Forum

We all scream for ice cream!

On Memorial Day, I saw this Model AA ice cream truck at a local car show, and thought it would be cool to make a model of it or something similar. While trolling eBay, I saw the stock Model T roadster parts from the double kit for sale, so I hit the "buy it now" button.

9182659587_74cfd13891_z.jpg

I copied many of the Model AA's features and made this Model T ice cream truck. The ice cream box and cab front are .040" sheet styrene, along with the scalloping on the top (done with a paper punch).

9200756913_bc74acffab_z.jpg

The seat cushion and back are stock Model T (the back is cut down a bit), the cloth top is paper, and the Good Humor signs were printed from online. The little brass bell is a cut down horn from the parts box.

9200757015_a8a942cfe5_z.jpg

Paint is Rustoleum white, Krylon Banner red, and Testors wet look clear. This build was fairly simple and lots of fun! I hope you like it!

Sam

Update: I modified a G scale model train figure into an ice cream man and stood him beside his truck. It was in my car show diorama in a display today at a local car show in state College, PA. Here's a pic.

9332264528_5f6dd27f0f_z.jpg

He was a popular guy today!

Sam

Edited by Sixties Sam