Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Chevrolet Biscayne

IMPALA SS 427

I built this to replicate a car my dad used to own and gave it to him for his birthday, the tail lights didn't arrive in the mail so i had to make a last minute purchase and collect the Ed Roth Outlaw.

In case anyone's wondering the thing on the areal is a fox tail (My dad had one on his 1:1)

I will let the pics do the talking....

DSCF3324_zpsa181c27e.jpg

DSCF3326_zps4fe00130.jpg

DSCF3331_zps39918942.jpg

DSCF3330_zps14e398a5.jpg

DSCF3334_zpseb82f982.jpg

DSCF3335_zpsb7eea50f.jpg

DSCF3339_zpsbaa3c541.jpg

DSCF3272_zps05288a31.jpg

All comments welcome.

This is really, really cool! I think, your father was happy to get his owened car.

Like your Biscayne...4 Doors, pretty colors, straight six engine and (my favorite) right handed dash. Well done James. You can be proud or this result!

Thanks guys.

midnightprowler - This was my first real time at doing engine wiring so i wasn't sure what to use, i had some wire that looked about right so i used it. what size wiring would you normally use on 1/25 engines?

I am always looking for ways to improve my modeling skills so i appreciate it.

realgone 58 - this is neither resin or promo, i converted it from the amt 58 impala.

The build is here:http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67703&page=1

I plan on doing another later down the track... maybe a 4 door bel air sports sedan or a 4 door wagon...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah James, hats off to you for that conversion...I wouldn't know where to start!

I've gotta have a look at your build thread and see how you did it.

This is a cool car

I dig the foxtail and your paint is top notch.

May I also add a small hint? Have a go at thinning black paint and letting it flow into the grille details. Clean off the high points with a soft cloth or Q-tip. It gives it much greater depth and removes shine where there should be shadow or holes.