Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford "El L'gaRto Pr'ZoSo

Gluhead

Since I've been back to modeling for the last year and a half or so, I've taken on a couple projects that involved a lot of scratch'd stuff and heavy body mods, but nothing that really fit the bill of full on kustom. A few weeks ago, the bug to fix that hit me hard. I'm literally knee-deep in plastic shavings and I love it. Here's where I'm at on it so far.

The front end is just about wrapped up. There's a little tidying up to do and I need to do something with the hood yet...peak or a valley...something at least...then I can move on to the back half. Cruiser skirts are a must, and we'll see what I can come up with to echo the front out back. So far, nearly everything changed is all whittled out of 1/8" and 1/4" thick stock. The '59 Impala headlights and the still-chromed portion of the bumper from the kit are the exceptions.

There's over a 100 progress pics on my fokti (see sig) if you want to check 'em out. I've got a full build thread elsewhere too, if you want to find it it's out there. But for the sake of sparing my fingers and saving them for whittling rather than typing, I'll just start here with the latest mockup shots.

Thanks, and hope you enjoy.

Glu

1956_Ford_Ranchero_Body_0106-vi.jpg

1956_Ford_Ranchero_Body_0110-vi.jpg