Model Cars Magazine Forum

nelson racing engines f-bomb camaro

itsclayyoo

pardon the crappy pics my cell phone doesn't take the best pics. this is my first model in almost 5 Years so it isn't perfect. so please excuse the flaws. this is just a mock up. it isn't complete. most of the motor is scratch built..this is my first attempt at scratch building anything. thanks for looking. I'm open to any comments or suggestions. thanks!

IMG_20130706_000836_zpsc5399962.jpg

IMG_20130706_000756_zps42b6692c.jpg

IMG_20130706_001153_zpsdba9e1b0.jpg

IMG_20130706_151316_zps2b2c7560.jpg

hemi thank you for the compliments! I will post more pics soon its almost done I am waiting on my decals to be sent. I had someone make them for me because I had no idea how to make them. Thanks again.

-Clay

Edited by itsclayyoo

When Hot Rod/Car Craft started this car I thought it was a waste of time. Still do, but it sure looks COOL as a MODEL! In real life, it really isn't all that much to look at. Just ANOTHER Camaro. But as a model, I gotta admit, I might even try somethin like this! Great way to use up those NASTY AMT 80's issue of that kit! If I were to do it, I'd do it JUST like yours, THAT'S cool lookin!!!!

20130719_024639_zps7ea6a616.jpg

Finally printed out my decals. Decided to print out 2 sets just in case I mess up. I will post pics after I clear coat them and put them on the car. The quality of the pic isn't great. The decals look great in person. Ill try to post better pics later

Are you trying to apply your decals on the satin or eggshell finish? If so, that's probably why you're having trouble.

Decals must be applied on a glossy surface. Otherwise, they "silver" - or get air under the decal film - and they won't adhere smoothly. They'll tend to lift off.

Best way to do it is to spray a clear coat over the area, apply the decals, then you can spray a flat clear or satin clear over the area to get rid of the gloss.

Neat project.

Are you trying to apply your decals on the satin or eggshell finish? If so, that's probably why you're having trouble.

Decals must be applied on a glossy surface. Otherwise, they "silver" - or get air under the decal film - and they won't adhere smoothly. They'll tend to lift off.

Best way to do it is to spray a clear coat over the area, apply the decals, then you can spray a flat clear or satin clear over the area to get rid of the gloss.

Neat project.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to give that a try!

• 3 months later...

Where is my car Clayton Franklin? Folks he agree to sell this car to me for $50. Well after sending money a month and a half ago, no money. This after canceling the dispute on payapl in good faith that he would follow through with his word! I have now been blocked from his facebook page! So he is hiding. But what he doesnt know is I know where he lives and works. So it is simple. Send me the car, return the money or I will come and get it! And unlike you Clayton I am a man of my word!

depending on build quality..... ive seen 1:25 go for a heck of a lot higher......... heck most kits I buy (vintage) are 50+ before even building.

I agree Mike. I doubt you or myself or many others here would even sell one of our built ups for that! I did a Jenkins 69 camaro on commission for 1k a few years ago