Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Mustang SVO

Scuderia

This one is a little bit different. Instead of the ugly SVO nose I'm going with a nose-swap from the '93 Cobra. Wheel treatment will be 1991 "Pony" wheels. The hood is a custom piece from the '90's convertible kit, with hood louvers cut from the 1990 Grand Prix Turbo hood and glued into holes I carved in the 'Stang hood. The engine is the supercharged 4.6L from the Mustang Mach III kit. The Paint is Apple Red with future for clear.

I had a WIP going, and while the forum was out, I finished the car. In hinsight updating the hood, nose and tires the car lost most of what made it an SVO really.

0041-vi.jpg

0042-vi.jpg

0043-vi.jpg

0046-vi.jpg

0055-vi.jpg

Hi Lawrence,

is it the new released Kit? Looks good - but what happened with the frontbumper?

My cement melted the plastic a bit and with the recessed detail I didn't want to lose any more definition. It was the Streetburner SVO I do believe. Released a few years back.

Thats bad Lawrence - i hate that kind of "glueaccidents" when finishing the model. I am a expert to drop mirrors or wipers...sure on the fresh paint.

Silly question :unsure: : what means SVO? i read it often in conjunction with this generation of Mustang

Thats bad Lawrence - i hate that kind of "glueaccidents" when finishing the model. I am a expert to drop mirrors or wipers...sure on the fresh paint.

Silly question :unsure: : what means SVO? i read it often in conjunction with this generation of Mustang

Special Vehicle Operations

Ford's version of a "skunk works" that was meant to bring racing technology to passenger cars.