Model Cars Magazine Forum

My therapy project

miatamadman

As some of you might be aware, the last 6 months has been very hard on me dealing with a separation/divorce and lawyers. This project was my therapy to keep my mind away from the negative thoughts.

This just proves I'm getting back into the swing of things. I hope you guys enjoy this. A few tid bits on this project. A few of the parts are Art's excelent resin cast items, but with a bit of my touches added to them. I went hog wild with the LPR's....you'll see in the pics. I also used Art's Video camera, center console, front license plate holder and GPS puck. The mirror strobes are hand made. I actually made resin copies of the mirrors, hollowed them out, inserted NANO chips and topped it off with a clear lense. Super cool! Rear deck lights are resin copies of the center brake light. Baseball cap on the rear deck is a resin casting I made from a Police Figurine I had satanding around : :). I modified the front seats by removing the headrests, filled in the hollow parts, added 2 posts to each headrest and reinserted them onto the seat backs. Something else I added were the takedown lights. Each takedown is made using 2 square LED's glued together and wrapped with electrical tape. Wiring was replaced with magnet wire. Decals are all printed with my inkjet. Total number of LED lights used is a whopping 47.

lit1-vi.jpg

lit2-vi.jpg

lit3-vi.jpg

lit4-vi.jpg

interior shots

interior2-vi.jpg?1373771892

interior3-vi.jpg?1373771894

interior4-vi.jpg

Check out the clothes rod and hanger in the vest

interior5-vi.jpg?1373771897

Edited by miatamadman

Very Nice, looks real.

What is the deal with the LRP's mounted on the trunk? I have never seen that before.

Here in the West Valley of Phoenix, DPS is using plain wrappers, not only are they not mark but they are using maroon mini vans, blue compact sedans and several other plain family type cars and pickups.

Very Nice, looks real.

What is the deal with the LRP's mounted on the trunk? I have never seen that before.

Here in the West Valley of Phoenix, DPS is using plain wrappers, not only are they not mark but they are using maroon mini vans, blue compact sedans and several other plain family type cars and pickups.

The Auto Theft Task Force has an impressive fleet of nearly invisible vehicles cruising the state. Only some of them are as obvious as having visible LPRs.

BTW ~ Interesting factoid: The Crown Wick or CVPI is quickly becoming outnumbered in the AZ DPS fleet by F150s, with Tahoes a close third.

The Auto Theft Task Force has an impressive fleet of nearly invisible vehicles cruising the state. Only some of them are as obvious as having visible LPRs.

BTW ~ Interesting factoid: The Crown Wick or CVPI is quickly becoming outnumbered in the AZ DPS fleet by F150s, with Tahoes a close third.

I do see a lot of the F-150's. The stretch of I-10 from Dysart to Verrado Way has the unmarked cars catching speeders. I go through there three times a week and one has a car pulled over just about every time.