Model Cars Magazine Forum

Much delinquent in joining a model car forum

One of those things I've never gotten around to, I guess.

• Been building model vehicles since 1975, especially liked the AMTs at first with the straight metal rod axles since I could play with my cars in the carpet.
  • Built exclusively model trucks from '77-ish to the late '80s.
  • The first contest I attended outside of the local state fair was the 1989 Southwest Challenge in Dallas, with my BMW Cadillac.
  • post-12144-0-10715600-1373870979_thumb.j June 1990 SAE magazine, click to enlarge.
  • Perennial attendee to the Greater Salt Lake International Model Car Contest non-stop since 1990. I'm the guy with the running joke in the "Group" category where I build the vehicle as a yellow 3-wheeler, as in this year's Group 13 1949 Ford.
  • photo-vi.jpg (borrowing somebody else's Fotki photo here)
  • The fun 'bookend' concept to that is the '64 Caddy bumper (now narrowed) on my Ford is the leftover one from my BMW Caddy project
  • Slacked off in building recently, but I should get back into it. No reason not to.
  • Gregg " the Kahuna" knows me, probably says I'm a nut.

- Russell Cook

Hey, Russell. Welcome aboard.

Good to see some of your older builds posted here.

And, don't forget the local clubs ~ Moonlight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers. We don't bite. :P

Besides, something to do each month whilest awaiting the annual Desert Scale Classic and the bi-annual GSL.

.... Moonlight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers. We don't bite. :P

Oh, I know. Dale M from Moonlight had been inviting me to drop into the the club for quite some time. The conspriacy of my current at-home paperwork stuff combined with every-weekend care & feeding of elderly parents really eats into available free time. I'm waaaaay behind in basic model building projects.....

Oh, I know. Dale M from Moonlight had been inviting me to drop into the the club for quite some time. The conspriacy of my current at-home paperwork stuff combined with every-weekend care & feeding of elderly parents really eats into available free time. I'm waaaaay behind in basic model building projects.....

You are welcome any time you elect to pop in!